Speaker break in help.

Hi everyone I’m the proud new owner of a new pair of RB-81 (a huge jump from Quintets) and I was wondering about the break-in period for them?

I was told different thing by different people and I would appreciate any recommendations. I was told that these speakers have an unusually long brake-in period (200+ hours) and I was wondering what was the best way to due so.

Should I set the speaker selector to small or large, or does it even matter?

Can I crank them up yet? I hope so I really hope so.

I was told after the break-in the bass response would be noticeably better (10-15%)

Well thank you for your help.

Nathan

It's just like the GM engineers said about breaking in an L-88 Corvette engine---Open the car door, get in, insert the key, start the engine, select first gear, then without hesitation push the accelerator pedal to the floor and hold it there until you are finished driving like a real jerk. Yes, that is what they told me on the phone. They also said I could not blow the engine even if I tried. They also said with the moly rings (seat instantly) .002 aluminum coating on the valve faces (seat instantly) 4 bolt mains, 8 quart oil pan, high volume high pressure oil pump not to worry. Steel flywheel was the weakest point. Tended to go off like a hand grenade at 8000 rpm.

JJK

All I can say is wow! Going from Quintets to these is night and day.

I swear I can hear notes and instruments that I never have heard, plus it makes beer taste better and I can drink it faster.

Now all I have to do is get the matching center and bring the LCD downstairs[:D]

All I can say is wow! Going from Quintets to these is night and day.

I swear I can hear notes and instruments that I never have heard, plus it makes beer taste better and I can drink it faster.

Now all I have to do is get the matching center and bring the LCD downstairsBig Smile

you should find that you will also be able to taste the finer nuances of the beer....the malt seems maltier, the hops, hopier!!! [:D] [:D] [:D]