ProMedia 2.1 subwoofer extension cable?

smurray

I live in an apartment, and have my ProMedia 2.1 system plugged into the headphone jack of my receiver. Up until now have been forced to place my sub in the front corner of my living room, next to the TV, since the cable that runs from the satellite to the sub is only so long. Well I recently received a complaint from my neighbor that shares my living room wall that they can hear the bass whenever I watch TV. I've never had the sub volume turn past 9 o'clock, so I'm thinking the only way to be able to have any sort of bass coming from the sub and not annoy my neighbor is to relocate it. I'd love to be able to put it behind my couch, however that's about 15 feet too far away. I'm wondering if anyone has had any luck buying an extension cable of somesort for the connector that goes between the sub and the satellite. The speaker cable isn't a problem obviously, it's the connector that looks like a ps2 plug that I'm wondering about. I would of sworn I heard from someone a long time ago that bought a ps2 extension cable and tried it, but I thought I remembered them saying they had some delay/lag problems when using it.

Anyone have any ideas?

Is there any difference between that cable and a normal DIN extension cable? I can find a15 foot extension cable for less than $4 online, but if there's something special about that one then I'd glady pay the extra $.

• 3 years later...
  • 8 years later...

It turns out that a PS/2 Keyboard or Mouse Extension Cable works perfectly!  I used this one:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000067SLU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I love these speakers.  How that I'm retired I took my work pair home and am installing them in my RV as the car radio speakers via a RCA to 1/8 stereo adapter.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Stephen Miller said:

It turns out that a PS/2 Keyboard or Mouse Extension Cable works perfectly!  I used this one:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000067SLU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I love these speakers.  How that I'm retired I took my work pair home and am installing them in my RV as the car radio speakers via a RCA to 1/8 stereo adapter.

Welcome to the Forum, thanks for the tip!