Sansui with Klipsch

First time posting in 2-channel forum! lol... But i just pick up a Sansui 9090db form a yardsale and ran home to make sure she was health enough to hook them up to my RF-7's and sure enough d/c offset was pretty spot on....Then i go and hook them up to speakers and plug my oppo bdp-83 up to her (with alittle pink floyd dark side of the moon sacd) and i just fell in love! Bigtime!!...LOL......What i really want now is some Heresy!!

Just wondering if anyone here is running sansui's with there klipsch? I also have a HK 930 twin power and that littles sucker can rock! But it just dont have the power of this sansui.. Not taken anything away for hk at all!!

post-31294-1381947538134_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

This is kinda funny, I just got my first Sansui a few days ago, it's a AU-D7. Cheaper than yard sale, free. Next door neighbor gave it to me. Didn't like it at first, I blame most of the problem poor room acoustics. I've been playing with this amp and a pair of Heresy II's, In a few short days, I've fallen in love with this 2.0 setup, I'm using this as a computer speaker setup.

I have a couple of tone controls that I thought were gimmicks, Super Bass and Presence. Don't know if yours has them, but I've found that in this room, about 30% positive on both really sounds good.

Good luck with your el-cheapo find.

Both the HK930 and the 9090DB are excellent amps. I am running a G9700 with my cornwalls and am very pleased...with heritage you do not need that kind of power, however the headroom is nice...literally 4 clicks on the volume is close to ear breaking, but the G9700 is quite a bit more powerful than the 9090DB. If you plan on running this amp as a primiary, I would of course suggest a cleaning and having the driver boards recapped...a 9090 will be getting up there in age and the caps will be showing their age. Also as a side note, keep your fingers crossed on that Dolby board, as that seems the be the most common downfall of that series of amp, and they are horrible to work on. I remember someone redoing one on AK at some point and it had some ungodly about of solder joints....like 150 or something. Good luck and congrats on a sweet score...I want a 9090 at some point as the 8080 and the 9090 are what started my vintage audio addiction several years ago.

Used my refurbished '78 Sansui G-7000 receiver with my Klipsch RB-75s just before I regrettably sold them (damn layoff; needed the money). Sounded spectacular with those monitors...I can only imagine how this classic receiver sounds with Heritage horns! [:D]

post-11084-1381947542069_thumb.jpg

Used my refurbished '78 Sansui G-7000 receiver with my Klipsch RB-75s just before I regrettably sold them (*** layoff; needed the money). Sounded spectacular with those monitors...I can only imagine how this classic receiver sounds with Heritage horns! Big Smile

All I can say is, WoW! That's one Clean setup. Be very proud!!!

Also as a side note, keep your fingers crossed on that Dolby board, as that seems the be the most common downfall of that series of amp, and they are horrible to work on.

Yes it does have a problem with dolby board (drops left channel) But iam not worried about it..And i can use it the way it is..It wont harm the stereo...And i really dont want to tackle that job..I dont want to get in over my head...lol...The driver board on the other hand i might do.. But over all the stereo is great!

We're very close on our setup. I run my H1's with a Sansui G-8000 and swap out to a G-5700 sometimes. I use an Oppo DV-980H for SACD's.

The Oppo is used more for music than DVD's. I feel you would probably have to spend around 5X the money to get a better SACD player.

And yes, Sansui and Klipsch is a marriage made in heaven. Or maybe Hope Ark.

JW

I did forget to mention that I currently own a very very rare Sansui AU-111 (gla-51 being one of the only other people on earth [:D] to have one)

It's a 6L6-GC with arguably the best vintage iron produced.... As far as vintage sound goes, I've heard nothing vintage that can touch it!!! It's hooked up to a pair of heresy II's and for old 60's 70's rock, it's like going back in time.....

A Sansui 9090db with La Scala, Cornwalls and Heresy's = ear bleeder. I've had and listened extensively to all the combos afore mentioned. I had thought the 9090ddb was good at the time, but boy was I wrong, in fact, I was very wrong. Bottom line, get a good tube amp(s) and never look back.

may the flames begin :)