Klipsch RS-42 @ 6Ave Electronics

djnenenyc

So... 6Ave is having a "name your price" sale and i decided to give it a shot. Why not right? I went to the site and sent in first price i thought was good..$275. ACCEPTED! Then i said "heck, let me try again". Sent in another offer of $245. ACCEPTED! Then sent in 2 more after that. Lowest Accepted price was $230. For the PAIR of RS-42's.

I've been watching them for couple weeks on eBay and used they fetch more than that. I jumped on the 6Ave offer ASAP.

Good deal?

Nice!! I just placed an order for a pair of RB-61's to use for some surrounds, for $280 shipped. I think thats a pretty good deal. :) Im pretty damn happy to finally have all my speakers, which I will keep for a veryyyyy long time. RF7's, RC7 and some RB61's.... :)

I was blown away by the $230 price plus free shipping!! I even called in to make sure it was for the PAIR! I was happy to finish my system.

There's a used pair on eBay right now for $250 plus $30 shipping with 2 days still left! [:o] I'm guessing I got a good deal.

Anybody looking to purchase a component should definitely try the 6Ave sale.

I've been reading the forums and saving for about 2 years. I found out about this deal and took a shot. Got a pair of 83s for 1500 and a rc-64 for 500. I'm pretty happy! I never thought I would get those speakers! It was a little more than I wanted to spend overall but it was such a good price i couldn't resist. now if only they would get shipped already!

MrAlps

• Moderators

Congrats on the purchase MrAlps. Trust me, speakers sound even sweeter when they don't have a payment attached to them. [:D] Something about working hard, saving up, dreaming big and looking for great deals. Looks like you scored nicely. Enjoy your new purchase. Be sure to post some pics of your setup. We love seeing others gear. I love the RF-83's and RC-64. I too never really thought I would have a system this nice. Saving, bartering and Craigslist has worked well for me.

djnenenyc, I just tried 6save for the first time. I put in a request for a Harmony One for $125 and was DECLINED. How dare they! [:P] Guess I'll have to spend the extra $25 and get it elsewhere.

• Moderators

Youthman, what a shame!! It's an EXCELLENT remote. Wherever you get it and whatever you end up paying for it you will definitely be happy. Worth it x2.

I have a friend in the A/V business that can get me a new one for $150. I was just seeing if I could beat his price. [:P]

Well, if you're referring to the Synergy B-2's i'm currently using for surrounds..i'm not sure yet. From what i've read, the RS-42's are better for surround and a better speaker overall . I receive them today and will hook them up over the weekend. [<:o)]