Can't decide on which system to get... Could use help.

Matronix

I'm new to getting surround sound. I just recently bought and house and I want to finally get surround sound. I grew up with Klipsch speakers in my house and even have Klipsch as computer speakers so it was an easy decision for me to pick them for my home. I have a really small living room to put these speakers in 137in x 178in with an open wall and two doorways. Since my room is small I was trying to decide between Quintet III, HD Theater 1000, and HD Theater 500. Also I am thinking of getting 2 more speakers to make a 7.1 system... if possible.

Are there any suggestion on which of those three systems to get?... if those are worth getting. Any information would be wonderful.

Living Room Diagram

G'day mate welcome to the forums, it really depends on your buget for the new system, the quinies ar nice but for a little extra and for massive sound improvment the f1 and f2s in the synergy range are awsome. have a look at em on the klipsch website.

bailz

The F1s and F2s are probably at the top of my budget so they are a possiblity. Thanks for the sugestion. One of my big issues though is that I don't know if my room is big enough to handle those massive speakers... especially the rears. As you can tell from that diagram I put up in the main post my loveseat and couch sit against the wall, which is basically right under where the Rears would be.

Is there a reason why you put the Quintets above the HD Theater 1000? After a Sub for the HD Theater 1000, they would be the same price.

I do not believe the F1's/F2's would overpower your room. I have a room that is smaller than yours and it sounds great. I have had numerous large speakers in that room and all of them have sounded great... some better than others, but still great. Also, I have my surrounds situated in the same manner in which you describe near the seating position with great results.

Just see if you are able to either 1) test the speakers out in your room prior to purchase (or with a great return policy) or 2) try them out in a similar room at your local audio store.

Good luck and happy listening.

I would definitely look/call around for sales on the models you’re looking for.

I was going through the newspaper and noticed an add for a local anniversary sale, the prices are incredible! The one of the great deals I found was the RB-61’s for $322 a pair, MSRP here in Canada is about $600.

You might find a Klipsch theater package you never considered because the price point is good.[:D]

Go with the Sub-12. You'll be much happier you did. I've owned the Quintet II's and the Quintet III's. IMO I enjoyed the II's more, much warmer sound to me. I'm guessing the only place you'll find a set of II's now will be on ebay, craigslist or the Garage Sale.

-Rocko

I went to one of my local stores and they had F1's for $1099 for the entire set and a Yamaha 365 reciever. I was told I can upgrade the reciever to anything I wanted. but the 5 speakers, sub, and a reciever for $1100... sounds like a good deal to me. They also had RF-62s and RF-82s for a very decent price (RF-62s was $2499 with a 7.1 Denon reciever).

I guess now with this many options, the job is even harder to decide. I did look at the S-1 and not sure if they would fit in my room that well since the speakers would go in the corner of the room.

$1K system? I would get used speaks, as big as possible and vintage receiver, as heavy as possible, and run the video sound through the receiver, much better sound than a small 5-way system, then add a Parts Express sub kit, then add a ...