How to make the 4.1's act like just 2 speakers

Gluestick

I don't know if this would be better or not... Right now I don't have stands for my back speakers so they sit on top of my hutch above the 2 main speakers. I have a Live Value and can't seem to figure out how to make all 4 of them just act like 2 normal speakers. When I used the Live settings for 2 speakers, only my front 2 came on for the test while the back ones remained silent. I have the front plugged into the front and the rears plugged into the rear jack. Could this be why I don't get rear sound? What do you guys recommend? Should I just keep it at 4 speakers even though my rears are basically front speakers or is there a way to make them all be front speakers. I know when I had a Monster Sound, I was able to set speakers up that way. Perhaps this is just a Creative thing? Thanks.

If you have it set to 4 Speaker.. the sound will be duplicated from the front channel to the rear channel and thus be like having 4 front speakers. Make sure the surround settings and EAX settings are set to center the sound.

------------------

All Your Base Are Belong To Us

-------------------------------------

1GHz TBird

Abit KT7A-RAID

FOP38 & CuShim

Kingmax 256MB PC150

Annihilator2 32MB GTS

Intel Pro100+Management NIC

Promise Ultra100

IBM 75GXP 45GB ATA100 & Maxtor DMP6800 27.2GB ATA66

Plextor 16X10X40A Sony 12X DVD

SBLive! 5.1

AOpen HX08 Full Tower 300W

Sony CPD-G400 19" Triny

Pro 4.1 are comin!!!!!!!!

• Moderators

Actually, the 4 speaker option will produce 4 distinct channels. I don't know of a software setting that will duplicate what you're trying to do, but you could always get a stereo y-adapter and plug both front and rear into the front channel of the card.

--Amy

I put mine on 4 speaker and hooked my ACS295 < frown.gif"> to the rear and played some music and it came out the rear as if it were teh fronts. I think the distinct channels take affect when you are, say, watching a DVD or playing a game that would take advantage of the rears.

~Behold the Power of the Y-adapter~

------------------

All Your Base Are Belong To Us

-------------------------------------

1GHz TBird

Abit KT7A-RAID

FOP38 & CuShim

Kingmax 256MB PC150

Annihilator2 32MB GTS

Intel Pro100+Management NIC

Promise Ultra100

IBM 75GXP 45GB ATA100 & Maxtor DMP6800 27.2GB ATA66

Plextor 16X10X40A Sony 12X DVD

SBLive! 5.1

AOpen HX08 Full Tower 300W

Sony CPD-G400 19" Triny

Pro 4.1 are comin!!!!!!!!

Actually there should be an option in your soundcard settings, not the windows sound, but the creative sound lab, any how i got an A3D monster MX300 and there is a setting called X2 stereo where it turns your left side speakers (front and rear) the left channel, and your right side speakers (front and rear) the right channel, if i want i can disable that mode and stick it to just one pair or change them back to 4 speaker surround. its possible, but u have to see your sound card documentation, i always switch to X2 stereo when listening to music, makes a huuuuge difference.

I have an OEM card, so no manual. If anyone else that has a Live Value can do this, please tell me how. The Creative software doesn't seem to have that option and I don't want to have to get a splitter. As of now, 4 separate channels if fine, I was just wondering if it was possible with the Live Value, like it is with the MX300 (my previous card).