Sansui 2000a....???

Dennie

Well, I did it. I stopped at a yard sale today and there it was just sitting there with no price on it.

I asked the Lady how much for the "old radio"?

She said what'll you give me for it?

I said $20!

She said SOLD! Then went on to tell me it was her Dads and she was pretty sure he bought it new. It still has the schematic on the bottom of the wooden cabinet, in the original envelope.

So, what do I have? Is it any good?

I opened it up and it looks brand new inside. It does have the Pre-out and Main in, so I can still use my Audio Control C 101 III Eq for room correction.

I am just wondering if it is worth hooking it up and giving it a listen. I have to say, I don't think my 10 gauge speaker wire is going to fit into the spring loaded speaker jacks, I might have to switch to 14 gauge speaker wire.

Thanks in advance for any advise, help, comments.

Dennie

How does it sound?

$20.00 ? you stole it.Stick out tongue

Google it to find out information about it. Is this it?

That's it! Yeah, I thought $20 was a steal! I did google it, but I was wondering if anyone here had experience with it?

I am making room in the rack for it now.

Thanks,

Dennie

An excellent $20 score. The 2000A is a late 60s-early 70's model, 35WPC @ 8 Ohm. I know there is a serial # pattern of sorts, I think the 3rd digit is the last of the year and the month is in there somwhere too. Not the fanciest of models, but a good example of Sansui sound. I have scans of the original brochure and specs if you need it. Do not have the service manual on my server though...thought I did but it is for the 2000x and it is not combined with the 1000A. ACE