Heritage Klipsch for sale

edster00

I just found a pair of Khorns, a single Belle and a pair of Chorus II's that I bought on the spur of the moment. I was afraid that if I didn't jump on them someone "unworthy" would snag them.

I have no personal need for these speakers (well actually I do but my wife would kill me), so I am going to offer them to the folks here on the BB before I put them up for sale to the general public (ebay or AudiogoN).

Here is the deal:

The person I bought the speakers from is the original owner. The Khorns and single Belle are in the walnut finish with cane grills and they are from either '97 or '98 (she doesn't remember the exact year but she is sending me the serial #'s), and all are "in excellent condition" according to the seller. They were the front speakers in her home theater and she has now gone with Meridian speakers for her HT. I have not seen the speakers, and I probably won't be able to go get them for a week or two. Once I have them I will take photos to make available to any interested parties. I am willing to sell the Khorns and Belle as a set or I will sell the Belle individually if you are looking for a single Belle to use as a center channel.

The Chorus II's are finished in walnut also, and were made in either '94 or '95. One of the Chorus II's has a bad spot in the finish on the top from a candle. Once again I haven't seen the speakers yet, but I will have photos available as soon as I can make arrangements to go get them.

This message has been edited by edster00 on 02-23-2002 at 03:58 PM

Edster, you did well... and yet, to please your wife and my old memories... I would be interested in giving them a home with my Cornwalls to create a vintage multichannel system. Please, keep me posted...

Love those horns! cwm38.gifHornEd

This message has been edited by HornEd on 02-24-2002 at 03:29 AM

Aw, come on, DeanG, let a guy with a herd of '30's (which you detest) do the right thing by his ears! Between the time I saw the post and was able to construct a reply... your reply crept in. Oh well, if I lose to you, I would be honored... and glad that they stayed in the Forum family where they can be a source of daily enjoyment. cwm42.gif HornEd

This message has been edited by HornEd on 02-24-2002 at 03:22 AM

Anyone got a new house for sale? About 2200 sq ft but must fit in a 3/4 acre lot. I'll even pay for shipping if the deal's right. cwm25.gif

I just hope these deals are still around when i get the space. Like HE, my dream sys is those khorns, belle center & cornwall surrounds. guess i'd then use the klf-30 for rear surrounds. i like dreamin. go he! cwm35.gif

------------------

My Home Systems Page

First I want to thank all of you who have responded both publicly and privately to this thread. What worries me the most now is that I don't have enough speakers to accomodate all the offers I have had, even if I sell my current Khorns and Belles (which I am not considering BTW)!

The seller sent me the serial #'s last night:

Khorns sn# 043796535 & 043796536

which makes them '97's according to my Klipsch serial # decoder ring.

Single Belle sn# 99280001 which makes it a '99 model.

The Khorns and Belle match in walnut w/cane grills.

Chorus sn# 8854396 & 8834397

I think she made a typo with either the 5 or the 3, as I bet they are consecutive, and according to the serial # they are from '88 which would make them Chorus' not Chorus II's.

I hope to have the speakers home sometime this week or next weekend. I will know more about their actual condition and I can confirm the serial #'s at that time.

Thanks again for the responses I have received!

Edster00... you are a gentleman and a hot air balloon pilot. Good thing because the loudspeakers that I promised Mom for the Music Respite Room before Mr. Paul's Birthday just snuck in under the wire.

Now the task of getting just the right amps for two-channel and multi-channel take the forefront. Ideally it would be fun to build a system that would do two channel... change into Mr. Paul's three channel innovation... and spread to multi-channel on occasion.

We will be moving into a new house this year... and you can bet the primary requirement is space worthy of Klipshorn majesty, Belle elegance and Cornwall honesty. Oh, yeah, and a separate place to let those Eight Legends tell the HT story for the neighborhood kids.

In case your wondering, old HornEd had to stand in line and be equal to the task when his turn came. No hassle... and I hope no hard feelings. I am going to try to make Hope for the book signing... but if I don't you can bet we will be listening to Mr. Paul's pride & joy flagship loudspeakers in awe and respect of his lifetime of accomplishment.

Damn the standing waves Wavey.gifWavey.gifWavey.gifWavey.gifWavey.gif ... Full Klipsch Ahead! HornEd

------------------

HORNED'S EIGHT THEATRICAL LEGENDS,

FIVE MUSICAL HERITAGES & A ROADIE...

HT LEGEND FOREGROUND SOUND STAGE:

KLF 30's: Left Main, Center Main, Right Main

KLF C7's: L & R Front Effects atop 5' storage towers

HT LEGEND BACKGROUND SOUND STAGE:

KLF 30's: Left Surround, Rear Effects, Right Surround

HT LARGE MOUTH BASS:

Twin SVS CS-Ultra SubTower, Samson 1,000 watt Amp

HT KLIPSCH SPEAKER SUPPORT SYSTEMS:

Bass friendly, oversized, leather LazyBoy Recliners

Mitsubishi RPHD1080i 65", Yamaha RX-V3000 Receiver

Toshiba Pro Scan 6200, Toshiba Pro 6-head SVHS W808

MUSIC HERITAGE... TWO, THREE OR FIVE CHANNEL CONFIGS

'97 K-horn Mains, '99 Belle Center, '83 Cornwall Rears

Walnut w/ Cane Grilles. Amp/Accessory Research Begins!

ON THE ROAD AGAIN... testing, testing, testing

Klipsched Class "A" Motorhome: 30'x 8' Ear Challenger!

This message has been edited by HornEd on 03-01-2002 at 02:45 AM

Dangz... I guess I am too late to get in on any of this... I would be most interested in the K-Horns. I haven't had any behind the scenes contact whatsoever but from the sounds of it HornEd (good to see you around again) got them.

HornEd... good to see you back!

Guess I'll have to make do with my lone pair of 30's... Smile.gif

Mace

Yep, our own HornEd is going to be firing up the walnut Khorns and Belle soon. After we worked out a small glitch in the email address I was using the Heritage deal was struck.

HornEd is as delightful to talk to on the phone as he is to read on this BB! I can't tell y'all how pleased I am that this purchase has made him so happy. It is an added bonus that his new speakers match his Cornwalls!

I will take photos of the Chours speakers when I get them (should be by this weekend) so those of you who have an interest in them can see their conditon and we can try to finalize a deal.

Congrats HornEd!

Ed,

Before you sell them, do me a favor and hookup the Chorus's to your Moondogs and AE-3 preamp, and let me know what you think. I will have a somewhat similar setup (Chorus's, Laurels and a preamp to be named later) and would be curious of your findings. Let me know how the Chorus's stack up to your other speakers...

Thanks,

Mike

I would be interested to know what you want for the Belle. I have a pair of La Sala's that are the mains in me HT system. Check out my system in the home theater forum section.

Thanks!

ScooterDog

------------------

Denon AVR 3801

Onkyo M504 Power Amp driving the mains

Techenique A-10 DVD Audio/Video Player

Pioneer DVL-909 Laserdisc/Dvd Player

Dish Network Dolby Digital Sat receiver

Klipsch La Scala ( Mains)

Klipsch RFC5 Center

Klipsch RSS6 Surround Side

Klipsch RSS .5 Back surround

Klipsch KSW 12 Subwoofer

Sorry SCOOTERDOG,

HornEd went whole hog and got the matching Khorn/Belle combo which will prove to be a great set of speakers. I only had the one Belle available, it wasn't a pair.

Mike,

I do plan to hook the Chorus up to the 'dogs, this will be the first pair of Chorus I have heard.

------------------

This message has been edited by edster00 on 03-01-2002 at 06:33 AM