Who has stacked Heresys, Cornwalls or La Scalas?

russ69

Works with H's. I am running 4 of them with a 15" sub and a mid/high center channel fill. Sounds better than I would have thought. The profile gives more details. If you try it, you might like it. Since H's can be bought for a song, and Crown Amps too, it's your best shot to a great system at a low price point. Don't forget to throw in a BBE 362SW sonic maximizer and bass crossover. You can run two Crown stereo amps, with one for the main system, then use one channel of the 2nd Crown for center channel, one for the subwoofer. Do not waste time with consumer-type peripherals...go straight Pro Sound as much as you can, Rane, Tascam, etc. I even "retired" two preamps, a Hafler and a Micro Acoustics, and an Audio Control EQ in favor of a Behringer stage mixer and a Rane EQ. The only thing that is "consumer grade" isone pair of H's but that is a little different situation.

I do not know about the larger speakers, but this works really well. If I were inclined to larger flanking speakers, I would use an H as center channel. I think that was what it was invented for initially, to plug the center between a pair of K-Horns.

My stereo is strictly a stereo...only for listening to music. There are no surround processors, etc. For TV sound I use an $18.00 Altec Lansing 2.1 computer speaker set in essence, and the TV is lucky to have that.

Ah, you'd be interested in the Royal Society for Putting Things on Top of Other Things. The Society meets regularly and the Indianapolis branch this year alone has stacked no fewer than 179 things on top of other things.

Kidding aside, there's definitely some rules for doing this properly as a bunch of irregularities can ensue. For instance, when double stacking like cabinets, it's common to upend the top cabinet so that all the HF horns are together.

Michael

Years ago I was dropping off a pair of Cornwalls at a house, and I happened to have a second pair with me.

For some insane reason we hooked up the second pair (inverted) on top of the first pair.

He wouldn't let me take the second pair home.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Four LaScala bass bins per side start to actually have some bass, especially when you run them with a good 800W amplifier.

I have a pair of H2s on one of my Cornwall 2s but they are not hooked up, I just ran out of room to put them Wink

yeah, don't I know it! Embarrassed

Been there, doing that.

Right now I have 2 pairs of cornwalls on top of a pair of LaScalas to make room,

I ran Corns on Corns for a while - I never could get the sound right.

I DO run Chorus upon Chorus (as well as next to Chorus) and it sounds GREAT for HT/

77-x.JPG

Gla51 is the jedi master of this....his wall of voodoo has khorns/forte stack, belle/heresy stack and corns.....I have to admit that it sounds frigging amazing, but Marshall has put about three years into tweeking it just so....

I have a 2 pairs of heresy II's that are running off separate amps-same source and if I play with it enough to get rid of the comb filtering, it sounds pretty nice. (you must have separate amps for each set of speakers or it will be close to impossible to get it right) My room has some challenges to it so I'm better off one pair at a time

but given the time/listening room .....GLA51 has proven it can sound amazing!!!

Noah, Are those Carver amps/pre in your rig?

I had Hereseys on Cornwalls and I tired both series and parallel wiring. Liked the corns alone better

No, those are Onkyo Integra 504's. One 504 for each pair of Chorus II's and the third pair of Chorii is driven by the Yamaha HTR-5890

In total, running about 450 WPC on the front 2-channel.

I also tried it with Corns on Corns but could not get it to sound right (with only one amp.)

Only the 3 pairs of Chorus with the 3 amps sounds right.

Rock concert SPL's when I want to really feel it.

Some Movie and concert sound tracks amazing on this rig.

N