Synergy or reference?

Kyle6468

I am currently trying to improve my home audio system which right now consists of a pair of Forte's and a Marantz model 2225. My goal is to make my system have deep and thorough bass from the floor shaking lows to the wall vibrating highs with minimum distortion. My current subs are an alpine sub I bought a while back (dont ask me why) and a Pyle Pro 18" sub which is a very cheap sub. I am looking for feedback in both the synergy and reference on which one would be better for the system I am trying to build. Any other recommendations for any different subs are fine too but please remember I am trying to build my system around my forte's quality and I am looking for subs that will go with my forte's sound quality. Since I am basicly a beginner any other feedback and recommendations on how I can improve my system is encouraged. Thanks.

Right now I'm flat broke but I start back working next month so I think I wouldnt spend anymore than about $400-600 per sub.Could be cheaper or a little higher if theres one thats worth the money but thats the general area idea of what I'm planning to spend.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

reference

x2 on that - spend that bit extra now and you could save later.. if you buy Synergy now you may want to upgrade later.

As for sub, IMO when listening to music I much prefer pure direct mode (sub is not used in this mode), tho for movies a sub is a must IMO