-
Readily portable so they can be sold to Mexican drug cartels and
used to kill more people than we lost on 9-11

-
Lightweight enough so children can get a firm grip on them
when aiming at their playmates

-
Be pried from your cold dead hands when your spouse shoots you

… and it must be positively, guarantied 100% American made.

Sorry guys, if some of you are insulted so be it. How do you
think many of us here feel with these never-ending weapons threads that pop up
incessantly. Not to mention the false bravado, the tortured Constitutional
rationales, the blithe disregard of the toll guns take on society.

Huntin. Fishin. Go right ahead, but if you want to prattle
on with this Deputy Dawg crap take it on over to a gun nut forum. It is my
understanding that this site is for discussing audio gear and of course,

Bacon!

• Like 1

I'm just guessing your not a member of the NRA?[6]

Thebes, you've started another gun thread which you obviously despise.[*-)]

Would this country even exist without the right to bear arms? One could argue its the basis for the freedom you have today.

Would the average person in this country be safer without that right? I doubt it.

But heck, its the general forum, read only the threads that interest you. Nobody is forcing gun fun on anybody.

I am going to generally stay out of arguments such as this, I usually don't have that strong of feelings on either side of a debate.

General Forum - Have questions that aren’t specific to any product? Ask them here.

On that note, I think an off topic catagory could be a nice forum addition. Because vegetarians probably have equally stong feelings about the bacon threads

Well, my friend, I am going to assume that your post bashing has served it's purpose and will subsequently lock ALL these "never ending weapons" threads as you put it. Indeed your pin IS mightier than the sword. GOOD JOB. I apologize for insulting YOU.

Would this country even exist without the right to bear arms? One could argue its the basis for the freedom you have today.

Would the average person in this country be safer without that right? I doubt it.

Lots of countries exist without the right to bear arms. There are detail differences, but it can be argued that the level or amount of freedom in Canada is comparable to that in America. Canada got its independence without having to go to war. Okay, we're stuck with the face of the Queen of England on some of our money, but that's a small sacrifice.

As for the safety of the average person, you'd have to imagine your history being a bit different, an alternative time-line if you will, where the laws were different from the start and the society turned out different from the way it is today.

Here's a thought: imagine if all the gun factories laid off half their workers, so they could find work manufacturing medical equipment instead. There seems to be a surplus of guns, so I doubt there would be a shortage. Meanwhile, the hospitals that can't afford MRI machines or other expensive diagnostic equipment, or have tight budgets because regular surgical tools are expensive, could be far better equipped, therefore able to do more and better work, and the average person would be healthier and safer.
  • Like 1

Just to clarify I was referring to the "Revolutionary War". The one where average Joes formed militias and used guns fighting for freedom. Hence my comment "basis for freedom".

Comparing Canada to the US is impossible IMHO. Guns, heathcare, foreign affairs, my oh my, just two different worlds.

Folks- The guy started his own thread. He did not come over to the gun thread and try to sabotage ours. He has my respect for that. He is certainly entitled to his opinions as we are to ours. Let the anti crowd share their ideas on this thread and we will hang out and discuss who makes the best hardware on the other one.Please- keep it cool and lets keep both threads open.

We all share a love of audio gear but we can certainly exchange ideas and share friendships in other areas.

• Like 1

I understand that bacon has almost magical properties. For example, it's supposed be great for clearing up clogged arteries. Animals get all cute and cuddly when exposed to the smell, and I can attest from personal experience, chicks love it.

I understand that bacon has almost magical properties.  For example, it's supposed be great for clearing up clogged arteries. Animals get all cute and cuddly when exposed to the smell, and I can attest from personal experience, chicks love it.

Well done [;)]

My grandfather's favortie dish: Start with sweet potatoes slow cooked in a covered iron pot. Then he would cut the sweet potatoes long ways and pour bacon grease over generously. Mom, being a nurse and knowing better fussed at him for eatin em and to Grandmother for cookin em. They never listened. Poor guy finally succombed to the side affects, he was 92. Only thing I can figure is he was sweating that grease out working.[:P]

Just to clarify I was referring to the "Revolutionary War". The one where average Joes formed militias and used guns fighting for freedom. Hence my comment "basis for freedom".

Comparing Canada to the US is impossible IMHO. Guns, heathcare, foreign affairs, my oh my, just two different worlds.

That's the same war I was thinking of. Freedom for the 13 colonies, then move west, form territories which eventually become states, until the country reaches from the Atlantic to the Pacific.

Up here, It was a bit slower, with "The Canadas" (Upper and Lower Canada, now known as Ontario and Quebec) gaining independence in 1867, through negotiation, then convincing territories to become provinces of the new confederation (I think British Columbia held out for a coast-to-coast railroad, Canadian Pacific), until the country reaches from the Atlantic to the Pacific, and up to the Arctic. Newfoundland was the last British colony to vote to join Canada, in 1949.

Not all that different, really. Both areas occupied by natives, who didn't think to limit immigration until the place was overrun by Europeans, mostly from France and the British Isles. Things started to diverge after that, but we all know our history, so I won't repeat it all here.

Just for interest, here's a link to an animated map of how the Canadian provinces and territories evolved. We now have ten provinces and three territories.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/72/Canada_provinces_evolution.gif