OT. Best Rootin, tootin Handgun, AR or Rifle for�

thebes

On that note, I think an off topic catagory could be a nice forum addition. Because vegetarians probably have equally stong feelings about the bacon threads

My, my, it seems that several of our more excitable members are literally foaming at the mounth at my terminity.

And if you are foaming at the mouth and a vegetarian why not try this wonderful product. Why, it's my understanding that even vegan's have a recipe for bacon. But I wonder if it sizzles like a well crafted Forum bacon thread would?

Morningstar Farms® Veggie Bacon Strips

Description:

The delicious hearty flavor of smoked bacon with a crispy bite.

Sizes:

5.25 oz

Ingredients:

EGG
WHITES, SOYBEAN OIL WITH TBHQ FOR FRESHNESS, TEXTURED SOY PROTEIN
CONCENTRATE, MODIFIED CORN STARCH, WHEAT GLUTEN, HYDROLYZED VEGETABLE
PROTEIN (CORN GLUTEN, WHEAT GLUTEN, SOY), CONTAINS TWO PERCENT OR LESS
OF GLYCERIN, SALT, SOY PROTEIN ISOLATE, SODIUM CITRATE, SODIUM
PHOSPHATE, SUGAR, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS FROM NON-MEAT SOURCES,
TORULA YEAST, CARAMEL COLOR, MONOCALCIUM PHOSPHATE, SODIUM
TRIPOLYPHOSPHATE, NATURAL SMOKE FLAVOR, MALIC ACID, GUAR GUM, YEAST
EXTRACT, LOCUST BEAN AND GUAR GUM, SODIUM SULFITE, CARRAGEENAN, RED #3,
DISODIUM INOSINATE, DISODIUM GUANYLATE, NIACINAMIDE, IRON [FERROUS
SULFATE], AUTOLYZED YEAST EXTRACT, NONFAT DRY MILK, YELLOW #6, VITAMIN
B1 [THIAMIN MONONITRATE], VITAMIN B6 [PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE],
VITAMIN B2 [RIBOFLAVIN], CITRIC ACID, CYANOCOBALAMIN.

killing an abortion doctor. While your at it, my fine Christian souls, will he be nearer his Lord if he is shot before, during or after church services.

Sorry guys, if some of you are insulted so be it. How do you think many of us here feel with these never-ending weapons threads that pop up incessantly. Not to mention the false bravado, the tortured Constitutional rationales, the blithe disregard of the toll guns take on society.

Huntin. Fishin. Go right ahead, but if you want to prattle on with this Deputy Dawg crap take it on over to a gun nut forum. It is my understanding that this site is for discussing audio gear and of course,

Bacon!

Wow, great post and very deep too.  You are probably right, though.  We should also eliminate from possible discussion topics covering:  heart disease (600k deaths per year), cancer (560k deaths per year) etc etc etc.  Want to talk about corvettes?  Sorry, there are over 40,000 automobile deaths per year and this is just too sensitive a topic for my thin skin.  5 minutes to Miller time?  I don't think so, Tim.  15,000+ deaths each year are due to drunk driving.

Don't forget, what I'll call Electrolust. Everytime I read about someone having a set of Belles--it drives crazy. And the KHorns, LaScallas, and Cornwalls--don't even get me started on those topics.

whereas handguns are nearly all intended to put holes in people.

We have copperheads and water moccasins around here. It's great to carry in the woods when you go for a hike. Stomping your feet can make them move away too, but you just never know.

"- Lightweight enough so children can get a firm grip on them when aiming at their playmates

I have found that children as young as 6 or 7 can easily handle an AR."

Well that's an encouraging thought. I suggest you instead teach them the joys of...

you guessed it...

Bacon.

I know you are worried about possible ambrosia inducing side affects caused exposing young children to bacon at such an early stage of ltheir development. I share your concerns. I suggest you start them off with one or two slices of Turkey bacon, before introudcing them to the real stuff.

Marvel, one of the lesser known facts about bacon is that it as as a powerful snake repellent. I suggest you wrap a slice around each ankle. However, if you are also walking through woods containing wild boars, I suggest you skip the bacon, because it is a well know fact that wild boars have no sense of humor.

Therefore, children as young as 6 or 7 can easily cope with killing people with an AR.

Lots of child soldiers in Africa. It's hard to turn them back into children after they've become battle-hardened soldiers, but there are some humanitarian projects that are trying to do that.

For the life of me I can not grasp or understand the anti-gun position.

What really gets me is the anti gun crowd all say owning a shot gun is fine, but every thing else is not. What's the difference? When I had this arguement with my nephew he claimed he didn't have to have sex with another man to know how he felt about it, so the "facts" about guns didn't matter becasue he knew what he believed in. So the fact that a shotgun loaded with buck shot is a real street sweeper compared to some one with a spray and pray full auto means nothing? I'm sorry, but as Spock would say that arguement is illogical,

I think is it's a control issue. There is always one person, or one group that wants to control another. The anti-gun group is a bunch of passive aggressives with Freudian anal retentive issues...... Face it, if someone wants you DEAD the lack of a firearm isn't going to stop them.

I posted these on another thread, but the fact is, you're safer in an armed society than not.

This is the pre and post statistics after Florida passed the concealed carry law.

http://www.kc3.com/CCDW_Stats/fla_model.htm

This is an international study.

http://law.bepress.com/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=7212&context=expres

post-13284-13819476001126_thumb.jpg

I read that bacon grease is the preferred A.K. lubricant for the Russian army......Works great on a Glock 40 also Wink

Indeed bacon is a true multi-tasker.

However, a word of caution is in order regarding bacon grease. While it has many wonderful uses, it should be treated with respect and caution. Statistics indicate one fifth of all hospital emergency room admissions involve bacon grease in one form or another.

So remember, bacon grease is not a toy.