Chorus vs forte

Kyle6468

There is only ONE thing that is a problem with the Chorus II, and that is that they are HEAVY and awkward to carry by yourself. If you got a buddy, no problem. I always considered $600 a "fair" price for Forte IIs and $800 a "fair" price for Chorus IIs in excellent cosmetic/sonic condition. I know that others have stumbled upon some fantastic deals, but these prices are probably MORE REALISTIC unless you have a motivated seller. You can't go wrong with either the Forte or Chorus paired up with an amp of "your" particular liking.

Yep, can't go wrong with either speaker. The $600.00 for the Chorus II is a baragin if they are in good shape. It was not long ago when excellent Chorus II's were going for over $1000.00 on ebay.

For my money I would pick the chorus iI over the forte, the sound a little better and you can still get all the drivers for them from klipsch.

Having just picked up a pair of nice Chorus IIs a few weeks ago at exactly that price I can validate that they are heavy and awkward to handle by yourself...especially mine with bucking magnets on all the drivers...over 100lbs...and they sound very nice...I can only compare them to the Forte' IIs slightly smaller brother, the Quartets...I like the uppers better on the Chorus IIs and the bass is nice...not as much thump as the Quartets (and I bet the Forte' IIs) but the bass has a distinctive presence...the Chorus IIs are very efficient (101dB versus 97.5dB on the Quartet and 99dB on the Forte' II)...mine are currently paired with an EICO HF-81 integrated amp at 14 watts and I usually have the volume between 2 and 4...get 'em before they're gone!

Bill

Having just picked up a pair of nice Chorus IIs a few weeks ago at exactly that price I can validate that they are heavy and awkward to handle by yourself...especially mine with bucking magnets on all the drivers...over 100lbs...and they sound very nice...I can only compare them to the Forte' IIs slightly smaller brother, the Quartets...I like the uppers better on the Chorus IIs and the bass is nice...not as much thump as the Quartets (and I bet the Forte' IIs) but the bass has a distinctive presence...the Chorus IIs are very efficient (101dB versus 97.5dB on the Quartet and 99dB on the Forte' II)...mine are currently paired with an EICO HF-81 integrated amp at 14 watts and I usually have the volume between 2 and 4...get 'em before they're gone!

Bill

I fix the heavy problem with a $15.00 hand cart and cheap ratchet strap.

listening to the Chorus IIs right now powered by the EICO HF81...smooth...I never had any complaints with the Quartets 'cept perhaps a bit of raggedness with the tweeters (compared to Heresys) and I fixed that with the Titanium diaphragms but these Chorus IIs sing...

Bill