OT: Lunch time thread.....post results

Tom Adams

8 ounce, yup 8 ounce Coke,

two slices wheat bread slathered with Miracle Whiip,

one sliced moments before eating vine grown tomato and,

I'm sorry but it's true, 3 slices of bacon.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today (and most days at work) I had a whole grain bread sandwich with tons of romaine lettuce and three slices of deli ham, a piece of string cheese and an apple.

Sometimes I'll have turkey or chicken instead of ham and a banana instead of an apple.

I've been eating that for lunch/supper since April 1st along with a bowl of Kashi Go Lean cereal and an apple/banana for breakfast. On the weekends I'm a little more lenient of what I eat. Those foods, along with running/weights/cardio has helped me lose 31.5 pounds since April 1st.

• Moderators

After reading all of this I really feel like the pig I am ![:P]

I had left overs from last night, pork chops, breaded fried eggplant and mashed potatoes, and it was as good as last night .

Today was a lunch out day. I went with a friend from work to his BBQ restaurant that he just re-opened (was closed for a bit while he and his Ex fought it out. Long story, but he screwed her BIG TIME. I just love it when a no-good, lying, cheating, swindling, you-know-what woman (and that's only what I know to be true about her) gets her @ss handed to her). Anyhow........

I had a pulled pork sammich w/o BBQ sauce (I'm a BBQ meat purist) and a side of Brunswick stew and my wife's potato salad (he uses her recipe). Naturally it was chased down by some sweet-tea.

BURP!

Sorry.

Tom

I just dominated an Italian Beef and Sausage combo from Portillo's with hot giardiniera and crinkle cut fries.

All you Chicagoans will know what I'm talking about.

(But I still prefer Johnnie's in Elmwood Park)

EDIT: Oh, and somebody else bought. A WINNER IS ME.

I hate you so much right now...I miss Portillo's so much (Although I do have a 5 LB beef kit in the freezer from my last run, but not nearly as nice when you can just head on over and get one for lunch). Need to get up to chicago again soon to get my Portillo's/Lou Melnati's/White Castle fix!

As for me, I had some leftover Polish Sausage and put a 3rd coat of poly on my stairs.

• Moderators

Ok your going to laugh but a potato salad sammich.

Something else I never found but in the south is French bread with mayo and French fries with brown gravy on top to make a sandwich, try it one day.

Virtually every day:

Morning: 12 oz ice coffee.

Breakfast: Runny Oatmeal with peanutbutter Captin Crunch to soak up the water. Yummmy.

Lunch: 1 diet Coke and a burrito made with calrose rice, a few small chicken strips, black beans, a little cheddar cheese and salsa. Some avocado if I have one.

Late afternoon, some lowfat yogert with some cereal mixed in.

Ice water with lemon all day.

Sounds boring but works well for me. Some times I have a PB&J sandwich instead of the burrito.

I cook about 4 lbs of chicken at a time on the BBQ, cut into strips and freeze in small amounts. Always keep some in the fridge. Make the rice once a week. Pretty easy system.

Lunch for me was at 5:00 pm today . Had some Johns Island tomatos with marinated cuccumbers , red onions and goat cheese crumbles ; the local tomatos and cuccumbers are rockin' right now . Next up pepper seared sea scallops with braised red cabbage and leeks . Entrees were chicken breast stuffed with andouli sausage , mushrooms and sun dried tomatos served with roasted red potatos and sauteed zuchini , squash and sweet peppers finished with a red wine reduction sauce . Also , grilled salmon served over a wilted spinach , mushroom , tomato and goat cheese salad . For desert , a peach and blue berry buckle served warm with vanilla bean ice cream .

It's a tough job but somebody has to do it [:P].

Let's see......

Monday was a left-over lime & cilantro marinated grilled chicken breast and a Coke.

Tuesday was chicken fingers from the buffeteria here at work which ain't bad if you use enough hot sauce [:(] and some sweet tea.

Wednesday was lunch out with a friend. We ate at a place with a Mexican buffet. My friend is of Mexican descent and has gotten me hooked on chilies toreados (deep fried jalapenos - no coating, just plop them in hot oil). Man they're good. But the next day......HO BOY! LOOKOUT!!!!

Today is left-over pizza and a Coke.

Tom

(drool....Portillos Italian Beef.... mmmmmm .... Lou Malnati's ....mmmmmm .... Some Guys ..... mmmmmmm)

Today lunch was a left over pork chop on wheat toast with cottage cheese and a couple of pieces of Wasa Multi Grain crispbread washed down by a Big K (Kroger) caffeine free diet cola.

Yesterday the same except the bread wasn't toasted.