College World Series

Arky

Don't know if there's any interest here but thought i'd give it a shot.

I watch every year & it gets exciting, typically with a lot of scoring especially as teams run out of pitching.

For you Arkansas guys; GO HOGS GO!

My son played little league baseball with a kid who used to play for Cal State Fullerton. Kris Jones is his name. The same son also used to play junior league football with Mark Sanchez who now is a quarterback for the Jets and we frequently provided Mark with transportation to practices an games. The point is that Mark Sanchez was the nicest kid I think I've ever met and Kris Jones and his dad were arrogant jerks. Kris quit the Fullerton team because he wasn't getting enough play time, boo hoo. I like the college world series event too. I see a bunch of good kids and great families. Whether they ever become big time players or not they will have their educations and sports helped them obtain that.

Don't know if there's any interest here but thought i'd give it a shot.

I watch every year & it gets exciting, typically with a lot of scoring especially as teams run out of pitching.

For you Arkansas guys; GO HOGS GO!

Need to pull it out right now in the 5th. LSU is tough.

GO HOGS GO!!!

Sorry to buck your trend here, Arky. But as a Virginia grad and a non-revenue athlete while there, I have to say Go Hoos !!

We've had an incredible run in this post-season, starting with the ACC tournament (we beat Clemson, North Carolina and Florida State to take the ACC title). Then, after the tournament selection committee gave us the shaft and sent us out west, we sent SDSU and Cal-Irvine home in the regional. Then, we still didn't get a Super Regional home stand, so we had to head south and eliminate Ole Miss (3 fantastic games from both teams) to make it to Omaha.

On Saturday we lost to LSU, but we held pretty tough most of the game and played well against probably the best team in the country. On Monday, we sent Cal State Fullerton packing (we are now the California Champions - we beat 'em all). Tonight should be a great game. I'm looking forward to it. If I recall correctly, Virginia and Arkansas are the two lowest seeds in Omaha, and they are both still alive. BTW, this is Virginia's first trip ever to Omaha, and we're definitely enjoying the ride.

Here's to a good game tonight, and whoever comes out on top needs to take down LSU (sorry Tiger fans).

Chuck

Dee, it's a little strange. We play LSU Friday. If we win we play them again this weekend & loser goes home. Winner plays the other bracket winner starting Monday, I think. That will be a best 2 out of 3 series for the championship.

Game 11

LSU(14) vs Arkansas(5)

[:'(]

I hope LSU wins it all.

Sorry DD but Texas pulled it off and made it the CWS but with LSU I am not sure they can do that. Texas will have to play two perfect games against LSU and I'm not sure they can.

Congrats LSU fans! Great CWS!

I'm bummmmmmed about Texas losing but I enjoyed the games so not a total loss! Also Texas will have almost everyone back next year so they have a great shot to make it back to the finals.

Who knows might see both teams back in the CWS next year.

• 8 months later...