what is the best Cornwall - I, II or III?

bsacco

1(one) also uses and has more spare parts available here, on Ebay, and other places because the 1 parts are more standard with the other most popular Heritage models. I would go as far as saying the parts are less expensive as well do to the plentiful supply. The 1 cabinets are easier to work with too before they went to front mounting the horns and sealing things up. If you are into mods, I would also say the 1 has the best value.

as you move from 1 to 2 to 3 performance improved.

excellent points Mark.

I's also have larger, easier to work on networks and plywood cabinets that probably hold up to abuse and reveneer easier than II's MDF cabinets.

I have owned both H III and CW III and they are far superior to their earlier brothers.

The Cornwall II is the best. It has a bigger midhorn than the Cornwall III, and has a much better tweeter. The Cornwall III has a more sophisticated network, but uses the dinky K-700 mid-horn from the Heresy. Klipsch didn't use the K-700 in the Cornwall III because it's a better horn, they used it because they lost the mold to the K-600. I would find some II's, upgrade the crossovers, and spend the money you have left on another gear upgrade.