Ok, guys, I get the whole "Groupies" thing... Here's your chance!

Amy

• Moderators

Since the new website launched last week, I understand many of your are unhappy with the use of our term "groupies" used to describe our enthusiastic supporters. It was not meant to offend. We simply wanted to describe our fans in a way that is edgy and fun, and we like the association with rock music.

But because many of you only associate the term with "loose women," I can see where you wouldn't want yourself described as such [:)] So this is your chance to help us and participate in "your" section of the website.

Please submit your ideas for an alternate header in this thread. We would still like to keep it edgy and fun, and something that gives our site more personality (we do not like "Community" or "Forums" - we are not a boring, stodgy company, and are tired of looking like one!). It also must be relatively short, to be able to fit into a title banner and not take up too much space on the front page title bar.

If your suggestion is used, we will send you a Klipsch prize!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"KLIPSCH-HEADS" Or "KLIPSCHEADS" Myself and others have used this term in reference to the members of the forums. A diverse group of people who think it is perfectly normal to own 4 or 5 or more pairs of speakers from a particular company. [:D][;)]

ROADIES

[the font should look like it was scribbled by a sharpie marker on a piece of torn masking tape, like used to mark mixing consoles]

from Wikipedia:

The road crew (or roadies) are the technicians who travel with a band on tour, usually in sleeper buses, and handle every part of the concert productions except actually performing the music with the musicians.

This catch-all term covers tour managers, production managers, stage managers, front of house and monitor engineers, guitar techs, bass techs, drum techs, keyboard techs, lighting techs, pyrotechnic techs, and security/bodyguards, among others.

Amy- think of Roadies as the guy equivalent of your groupies moniker. Everybody knows the term and it conjurs up an image that is unmistakable- a guy enthralled with the machinery that makes music. Talk about edgy and modern and not-so-middle-of-the-road! The term is well used in popular culture, there is a book, movie, board game, and this recent commercial.

"this.. in here.. buckle up dudes"

After this weekend, I'd bet Picky could even scare you up a few snippets of Klipsch fans in Klispch t-shirts actually doing real roadie duty for the site!

Michael

Addicts, Crowd, Devotees, Enthusiasts, Fiends, Freaks, Family, Extended Family, Gang, Folks, Maniacs, Our Gang, Collectors, Connoisseurs, Cultists, Disciples, Zealots, Geeks, Junkies, Resident Experts, Mavins. Tune-In, Stay Tuned, All Ears, Auditory Canal, Auditory Channel, Ear Canal, Ear Drums, Golden Ears, Educated Ears, The Channel, The Lowdown, The Downlow, Vibes, Voices, The Voice Coil, Continuity, Conductance and I know it's not a word but: "Audists". Maybe "Files" ('files), or "Philes" ('philes), A-Philes or A-Files and finally, Peeps. What about K-Philes or Klipsch-'philes?

-Glenn

Well, I thought groupies was pretty good and was not offended in the least. On Klipsch, the context is clear.

If there is room on the header for the label: Klipsch Groupies that would give enough context to mitigate any offense that might otherwise be taken.

or Klipsch Groups or just Communities.

edit: after going back to look at the description of the area, which IMO, is very well done, a couple of thoughts below.

Groupies

Welcome adoring follower. Get ready to go weak in the knees because
this is your backstage pass into the heart and soul of the Klipsch
brand. From engaging blogs to outspoken fanatics to awe-inspiring
photos, there’s always something new going on that’s bound to attract
you.

The options in the section is way more than just groups and communities. The pics, desktops, facts and fun, and other miscellaneous destinations, I think

backstage, Klipsch backstage or backstage pass (as mentioned in thte description would work and do more justice to the variety of options/destinations offered)