PC World: Top 10 HT movies & scenes

kelA

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure the effects are good, but how many times do you want to watch a love-sick tin can?

well i was talking to my little brother today (hes 10), and told him i brought the movie and he said he already has it and loves it, he knows every line in it and said he had seen it at least 20 times, so if your my little bro the answer is LOTS![:|]

I am sure the effects are good, but how many times do you want to watch a love-sick tin can?

well i was talking to my little brother today (hes 10), and told him i brought the movie and he said he already has it and loves it, he knows every line in it and said he had seen it at least 20 times, so if your my little bro the answer is LOTS!Indifferent

that's right Bailz [Y] a great movie you can see it time and time again. thats what makes it a great movie.

IMO movies like ratatouille, shrek, wall-e, incredibles, meet the robinsons, kung fu panda, happy feet and more you can see countless of times. they are for everyone to enjoy, on two levels for kids and adults and all with very powerful messages within them.

I agree 100% Master and commander is a great movie, the audio is top notch.

I just watched last month and I forgot how amazing this movie was. I have been meaning to buy it but I can’t find it anywhere?

Um, well, there's this thing. It's called the internet. You can find stuff on it and buy it. Usually cheaper than at a "real" store. :)

well for me its (im guessing everyone has heard this a million times but anyway), ....... yep Transformers, when the transformer shoots his cannons into the ground to jump over the girl and the sub HZ goes down to crazy Indifferent single didgits. WOW!

Actually the bass sweep in that scene doesn't go very low, I think it ends above 20Hz even according to what I've read at AVSForum. Its recorded incredibly loud though and the sweep effect from high bass to low makes it seem like its digging deeper than it is. I love that scene as well and have shaken the ceiling in my basement more than a few times watching it.

personal favorite....THX demo disk with Star Wars Phantom Menance Pod Race. Done.

keep in mind, you can't go get the movie and think it's going to sound the same. i've tried it, and the demo disk is "ramped up" or on "steroids" if you like.

Is the version of the pod race on the THX demo DVD just recorded louder than on the movie DVD or are there other improvements to the sound? Could you describe some of the changes or improvements you noticed on the THX demo DVD (if it's not just recorded louder)?

you know what guys, i have to say this one more time.,... HANDCOCK!!!!

Er, I think the name is Hancock...

Anyway, I just finished watching The Dark Knight. Really good sound in that movie, with lots of room-shuddering low-end sound, even with the dialogue at normal listening levels. Good story and acting, too. Heath Ledger really did deserve an Oscar for his Joker.

OK I have a couple

The first Ice Age movie - the opening when Scrat is trying to hide hs nut and the ice cracks all the way to where the elephant stomps on him.

We watched The Day the Earth Stood Still - (the new one) when the sphere lands on Earth and they are walking towards it and say "can you feel it". Well I know you could feel it in my house.

The gun fight in Open Range is great as well. I have to say it does sound better in Rogers (IndyKlipschFan) theatre than at my house.

the 3 Lord of the Rings movies have some really good parts too.

Steve