CS-700 sync issue

bfluegie

I purchased a CS-700 from Best Buy a few weeks ago. I had the Geek Squad do the installation on June 6 (I had to get the Geek Squad service to qualify for special financing). I have noticed that the audio and video on all DVDs is not in synchronization. The video lags the audio. The P-scan switch was in the off position. I turned it on (OK with my 1080p, 120 Hz Sony Bravia) but the synchronization was still off. I have seen others complain of this issue, but the P-scan switch was the only recommendation I was able to find. I am connected to my television via HDMI cable. I don't have a cable box.

Is there a solution for the synchronization problem?

• 1 month later...

Hi Jon.

Sorry it took so long for me to reply, but I have been out of town a couple of times. I was not able to resolve the sync issue. My video still lags the audio. It is less than a second, but it is just enough to be obvious. Also, my unit seems to have developed another issue. The wireless subwoofer (the main reason I purchased the Klipsch along with the lack of rear speakers) will at random times just start a deep resonance. I would call it a hum, but it is much deeper than that. The main unit is off at the time. I was really blown away by the performance of the display model in the store, but I am less than impressed with the unit I received. Have you heard of either of these problems?

Thanks,

Barbara

I agree the lag would be bothersome and not sure what to recommend - you may want to contact customer service for suggestions. As far as the sub humming, I have read about that issue in past posts, but its never happened to me. It sounds like some radio interference. You may want to try changing your home number from 0 to something else and see if it goes away. I've been happy with mine with the only problem being having to use multiple remotes, which I solved with a Harmony remote.

Jon

• 5 months later...

I purchased my CS-700 home theater in May 2009 from Best Buy and I also have the same problem. In fact, this is a new unit that I received in November, 2009, since the original system was replaced by Klipsch due to a problem with the power supply or failure of the head unit to turn on.

I also have a problem with the subwoofer generating a thumping sound periodically.

So were you able to resolve this problem? I am a true Klipsch fan and I hope this does not burst my enthusiasm of this great company. In fact, I still have fully functional Klipsch kg-4 (1984 vintage) and they still sound great.

I had dropped the ball on the sync issue, but now have yet another problem. I can't turn the unit off. The light changes from red to blue, but it is still on. I emailed customer support with all the problems, and they said it had to be returned for the power issue. No word on the sync or subwoofer hum. The limited call in hours make it difficult to talk with them directly since I should be at home with my unit, but I work during all the available hours. Your unit wouldn't turn on, mine won't turn off. I'm not impressed with the quality control for this unit. I can't do anything about it this week, but I will try to call in next week. I will post whatever I hear.

I had dropped the ball on the sync issue, but now have yet another problem. I can't turn the unit off. The light changes from red to blue, but it is still on. I emailed customer support with all the problems, and they said it had to be returned for the power issue. No word on the sync or subwoofer hum. The limited call in hours make it difficult to talk with them directly since I should be at home with my unit, but I work during all the available hours. Your unit wouldn't turn on, mine won't turn off. I'm not impressed with the quality control for this unit. I can't do anything about it this week, but I will try to call in next week. I will post whatever I hear.

I have had the issue a couple times where the unit won't shut off. I've found that if you unplug it and then plug it back in, it will work properly. Jon

• 1 month later...

I too had the sync issue with the CS-700. Just a half second or so off, but more than enough to make movies almost unwatchable (though it still sounded great, of course!). Anyway, I read online about a firmware update being available for the unit through Klipsch, so I decided to give it a shot.

I emailed Klipsch support to see if the update was available, and within 24 hours, I received a nice response back letting me know that they were mailing me a CD with the update and the specific instructions both online (via a PDF link) and with the CD. I ended up getting the disc about a week later, followed the instructions, and the issue was completely resolved! I know this product is no longer supported by Klipsch, so I was really impressed by the customer service here.

If I recall, the update also added a few features to the menu, and seemed to make the upconversion for standard DVDs noticably better.

Just thought I'd add this in case this is still occuring for you.

Take care,

Eric

Eric,

I should have responded sooner to my post above, but I had the same experience with Klipsch. Good customer service got me the CD to fix the issue within a few days. I have had no issues since installing the new software. Instructions on how to do it were clear and the software installed without incident. To others having this issue, get in touch with Klipsch.