I could not believe it

gyoko

Hi Guys/Gals,

Thanks for the wonderful reception. I own a pair of K-horns that I use exclusively for listening to music. I use a dedicated center channel to complete the horn ensemble. The center channel is a horn-loaded loudspeaker built by a company called CRH, which I live near. They actually matched the wood species, grain and finish to my K-horns so it would appear as a matched ensemble. This speaker, which they call the "Carlron", is the only loudspeaker that I would even consider using with my venerable K-horns. If anyone doesn't have corners and wants the FULL horn sound in a mid-wall posistion, I have heard the "Carlrons" in stereo pairs and all I can say is the sound is OVERWHELMING and UNBELIEVEABLE. In every respect the "Carlron" is a clear match for my K-horns and in some respects they clearly out perform them. Check out there web site www.crhloudspeaker.com , they are an obvious alternative.

gyoko,

So they are based in Altanta, huh? I went to their web page, I guess they don't advertise prices.

Probably vary too much with the finish choices.

Thanks for the link!

BTW what are you feeding your speakers with?

This message has been edited by edster00 on 02-25-2002 at 09:45 AM

Ok, this is the 2nd identical post from him on these thigns. Read my reply to this post at: Other post

I think Gyoko here is a shill for this speaker maker.

The writeup on the site, under 'mechanical advantages' makes it look like this Ronnie fella that heads the company INVENTED horns.

Ahem. He's riding the tails of Klipsch, Lansing, Hartsfield, and many others that figgered out that horns kick arse about 70 years ago.

Yes, they do look nice. But the company propaganda makes me wanna barf.

------------------

---

Klipsch SF2

Thorens TD145 / AT440ML turntable

Dynaco Stereo 70 power

Sansui CA-2000 pre

Pioneer RT707 tapedeck

Pioneer 4100 cd player

Thoriated_Tiger, the Bill O'Reily approach, very nice. I won't accuse gyoko of conspiracy yet, but he (or you) seem to be plugging these speakers awflly hard. If you just think there cool, fine, we like to talk about that stuff. But, if your from that company, leave and NEVER come back.

Otherwise, enjoy the Klipsch forum, but beware, there are some awylly smart people here...

Smile.gif

Smile.gif

Smile.gif

Smile.gif

Smile.gif

Smile.gif

Smile.gif

Smile.gif

That does seem like alot about nothing, but if the guy truly got the horn out of the corner, and if all of the neumbers are correct then i would be very interested! Coat tails or not it looks like has taken this to the next level.

I've emailed the guy, i wanna see if his speakers really are all that, or if they are like his speech.

Exactly what i was thinking. khorn lookalikes. man kinda weird having the exact same post saying

quote:

and in some respects they clearly out perform them.

sounds like advertising to me.......and also.. did anyone catch a reply from this guy? i didn't see one.... cwm36.gif

------------------

My 2 cents...

I'll put it on your tab. :)

sorry for 2 posts...but this looks interesting

quote:

At CRH we alleviate all audible distortion with our patented Mechanical Advantage®

does alleviate mean eliminate? im not sure. but we will assume it does (sorry for my stupidity and im also incapable of spelling. cwm12.gif )

but anyway if that is what they are saying can this be true? can you acctually take away all distortion with just the speaker? what about the other system components? the amp, cd player. and stuff? if alleviate doesn't mean eliminate then ive wasted your time (dont hurt me)

im off to buy a dictionary!cwm33.gif

------------------

My 2 cents...

I'll put it on your tab. :)

Hey Ken,

Read Tiger's post again. He has nothing to do with this company and is just pointing out that this Gyoko character has now posted the same thread on 3 different boards and is probably affiliated with this copycat company that has developed nothing.

Gyoko - Do us all a favor and post your threads under one board in the future...

Mike

quote:

Originally posted by kenratboy:

My bad
Frown.gif

Hey, we are at 9152 forum members, where are they? I wonder if Klipsch will send all of us a pair of Klipschorns when there are 10,000 members
Smile.gif
?

No worries.

This guy, and the company he's shilling for (yes, i'll call it shilling, if he has the stones to reply and challenge that, let him) must have dug up their copywriter from either Bose or Carver Wink.gif

Confused.gif

------------------

---

Klipsch SF2

Thorens TD145 / AT440ML turntable

Dynaco Stereo 70 power

Sansui CA-2000 pre

Pioneer RT707 tapedeck

Pioneer 4100 cd player

Greetings Gentlemen,

I think all 9,152+ of us Klipschers should flood their email address with questions concerning his innovative horn-loaded speaker that PWK invented 30 years prior to his revelation. Or was that Mechanical Advantage?

Gregorius

crhloudspeaker@msn.com

------------------

HK AVR20 II

Toshiba DVD

32" Toshiba TV

Odyssey Stratos

1976 LaScala's Front L&R

KV-1 Center

KG 1.5 Rear L&R

KSW-12 Sub

This message has been edited by Gregorius on 02-25-2002 at 02:51 PM

interesting that he has NEVER replied to his own post and all but 1 are advertisements for these speakers.

------------------

-justin

ProMedia 5.1 Tech Help

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

i think he's O.K. on 1/21/02 his first post was to say hi, liked his speakers, and was looking forward to learning off of this site. He failed however to let everyone know what kind of speakers he had. Part of everyone's response was asking him what he had.

He came back thanking everyone for the warm reception and answered everyone by telling us he own the K-horns. He then tells everyone about these other speakers - maybe because he knows you can't buy Heritage new anymore right now.

He doesn't seem like the type that hangs out - just pops in every once in a while.

I wouldn't get to excited.

As far as this other speaker goes. We might send email letting him know how tacky his advertising is - and would probably gain more loyal customers by telling the truth and giving credit where credit is due.

------------------

deanG

If he is a mole for this "new" company and is trying to find out some positives or negatives about the Heritige line then he may just as well be on a mission to impliment those perceived faults into his own product line. I'm not saying that we can prevent this and still stay the informative forum that we are but just has me thinkin'. Just enough to not tread on any patends. Not saying that he has/hasn't done this already but it may be a source of his ideas.

BTW- The lit says he recomends a minimum 5-watt amp, that means he plans on runnin' these things at 113db?! Ouch!! Then a nominal power requirement would be 100wpc?? I doubt if they'll ever see that much. After runnin' some numbers on the max SPL and the amp's power recommended, it seems that the amp is gonna be runnin' into the clipping range.

------------------

Tom's Money Pit