Question Regarding Screwdrivers

ace168516

Does anyone know where would be a good place to buy screwdrivers in bulk...they don't have to be superb quality, but I keep buying large sets at work and I honestly only use #2 Phillips. Any good ideas on where to buy like a 25 pack or something, or a place that would have a decent bulk discount? My last order was through MCM Electronics, but I am not seeing the cheap ones that I ordered last time.

The problem is not really the bits wearing out...it is leaving them at jobs. Sometimes I may have 5-6 jobs a day, some being in 4-5 rooms or server closets and they get shuffled around...and misplaced in a ceiling, or dropped behind some stuff I don't feel like crawling though...it does not happen every day or week, so 25 would last me a year for sure, but picking up 25 at a hardware store gets a bit spendy, and all the giant 48 screwdriver kits only seem to come with one or two #2 phillips which is about all I ever use besides on laptops or old compaq servers. I thought it was odd that you can buy almost anything in bulk and save on the internet, but I could not really find bulk amounts of screwdrivers

A great place to pickup screwdrivers on the cheap is a big fleamarket. Like you I use a lot of the #2 drivers. I picked up a new 25ct box of #2 Dewalt tips at the fleamarket for $3. With that good tip you can use just about any cheapo bit driver.

It sounds to me like you need a tool belt!!!!!!!!!!

I have done a bit of electrical work and a #2 is a common tool to need but you need to put it in the TOOL BELT instead of setting it down on something. Once you get used to putting it back into the tool belt rather than "someplace" you always know where it is, it can be found by feel anytime you need it and the cost is a lot less as I have never lost one on the job. Use the tool, put it away and it is there for the next time you need it.

Just a thought [;)]

I treat my tool box like a surgeon's tray- everything in it's place. If there is a blank spot, I know exactly what is missing. With so few tools needed to do the job I agree with the smithy that what you need is a belt or briefcase of some sort.

My tool box in my garage is similar...I have foam cut outs of whatever tool is in there and know what goes where...I am pretty anal about the tools I purchase and own...I only buy the good stuff, because I know they will last forever. When work is footing the bill for some cheap screwdrivers, I tend to be a bit more careless. Maybe a single screwdriver holster would work out...I have a nice mobile kit for when I do wiring jobs....have yet to lose a $70 crimper, but usually only bring a single #2 to a job and when I am just doing general work. I have always wanted to make some sort of mobile tool area out of the extended cab part of my work truck...maybe if everything has a place, I can get used to having a place to put the tool rather than my pocket.