Receiver For Heresy

Rocko81

I have an old Onkyo TX-930 receiver thats in good condition. I wanted to add a pair of Heresy's for my 2 channel enjoyment just wondering if the receiver would cut it for now? I plan on getting a Marantz 2285b when I can find one so the Onkyo would just be temporary. Any feedback is greatly appricated.

Thanks,

Rocko

Your question seems simple but it's not. You have a set of RF-82s in the front? They should sound pretty good with the right set up. I might spend some time tuning that up, I was real happy with my RF-25s. I know that's not your question but I thought I would throw that out there. I'm not a big fan of mass market receivers of any vintage but they will make sound, so yes your receiver will work. A better match than a vintage receiver might be a Onkyo A-9555 integrated. Lots of power, it would be a step up from what you have.

Now on to the Heresys. I really like my new H3s but they will require pretty decent gear if you want to get the most out of them. It took some tuning for me to get them to my liking. There are many ways to go, is there something you would like to get out of your system that you don't have now? Did I help you any?

Thanx, Russ

I have an old Onkyo TX-930 receiver thats in good condition. I wanted to add a pair of Heresy's for my 2 channel enjoyment just wondering if the receiver would cut it for now?

Hook it up when you get your Heresies and see how it sounds. Take a bit of time and get them ideally located and positioned and you may be happy. There's always a desire to upgrade, but not always a need.

Thanks Guys!

My HT set up now sounds great to me so I don't really want to mess with it. I do agree that the RF-82's sound pretty darn good for 2 channel as well, but I'm looking for more of that vintage sound. So I figured adding the Heresy's for the two channel listening will be the way to go? Maybe I should hold out for some Forte's or Quartet's?? Since the 2 channel set-up will be in a diffrent room (probably the basement) I'm looking to START simple. Who knows where that will take me?? Probably to Khorns and tube amps sooner then later?

Rocko

Are you planning a separate system in another room, or adding Heresies to your existing HT? If you get Heresies for a different room, you'll be wanting a sub to go with them. I haven't heard Fortes myself, but based on what I've read on the forum, their better bass might be helpful in a sub-less system.