Keep me in your thoughts

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A broken heart is so very hard to heal....

My best wishes to you, Trey.

I agree. This is one of the most painful experience humans have to deal with. Partial amputation of the soul. Only time and/or another soulmate can fill the void. It will take some time though. Hang in there Trey. Friends and exercise helped me through. You will make it too!

Tim.

Hello Trey,

My thoughts and prayers are with you man. I have gone through this myself with girlfriends and a wife. It feels terrible and it's like someone kicked you in the guts. It will take awhile to get through it but time heals all. I vowed that I would never do it again but low and behold about 3 years later I met a lovely woman and relunctantly decided to marry her. That was 12 years ago today.

I hope and pray that things work out for you hang in there brother! You have got a huge support group on your side to lean on here. With all the good things that you do for people it will come back to you.

Charles B.

Trey

It's hard to see past this, but things will turn out OK. I will keep you in my family's prayers.

I'm glad to hear the two of you are being civil about it for the kids. When I got divorced, my X, who served me the papers also, found new and excruciating ways to drag out our divoce for 2.5 years. She had the house and all of our other assets of value were locked. It sucked big time. The good side is that I learned who my real friends were in that ordeal.

JM

I went through the sad and unfortunate experience 20 years ago, when my daughters were 2 and 3 years old. The best thing that happened to me during this time is I started going to services at a charismatic Episcopal church and a sweet little old lady there drew me close one day and told me to never forget that Jesus loved me tremendously and wanted to bless me and take care of me, and if I would just let Him, He would do it. She was right. I let Him do it, and He did it. I'm OK, and have had a great intervening 20 years single. Absolutely rip-roaring wonderful!!

Ironically, at a sendoff party for my younger daughter Rachael, last December before she took off to go to Rwanda to teach genocide victim children for a year, her mother told me that if she had it to do over again, she would not have divorced me. That was not an emotional statement, merely a pragmatic one, in that her life had become quite trashed up as a reult of the road she chose to take. It was interesting to hear that, nonetheless. Shows the depths of her calculating, uncaring nature. Reinforces for me that the divorce was the best thing that could have happened to me.

You are you. Your limitations are self-imposed.

To live with someone who could cast you off like a worn-out pair of socks is no way to live life, and things all the way around would be infinitely better for you without this faithless and unloving influence in your life. The universe has done you a favor and gotten rid of her for you.

Circumstance has allowed this pruning of dead wood from your tree of life, and after a little care and healing from the rift, you will come out of it better, healthier, happier, clearer in mind and focus, with a purpose, a plan and a hope for the future and peace that is not possible to contemplate now while you are in these acute circumstances. It's an everyday business. Just keep coming back to the table. You will be fine, better than good....the genius is in schedule, repetition, ritual, regularity.

Chuck

• Klipsch Employees

Just to be clear, I am in no way down on my wife. I wish her no ill will. In fact, I am still so in love with her. We both have problems as everyone does. I am thying to face mine in the hopes of being a better dad and man. I am not praying that we get back together. Instead I am praying for guidence and support. I know that HE will not give us more than we can withstand. My goal is to find a place to live where my kids can keep their friends and school. I am doing all I can to insure that she can keep the house so my kids can stay in the only home they have known. I have no plans of fighting over anything.

I am not wanting anyone to take sides, only to place us in you prayers and if you dont pray to think good thoughts for us.

Thank you all for the friendship and love. I have been very humbled by the kindness I have been shown from everyone here and face to face.

God bless

Trey,

Very sorry you are going through this. Unfortunately I had to go through it as well, and as have many on this forum seem to have too. Definitely a very dificult time. I highly recommend that you consult the very best divorce lawyer that you can, and do not be disuaded because of up front cost. You have children and in order to be able to do what you say above to the very best of your ability, and with the funds you have........you need to fully understand the "rules" (law).

Life is long and the feelings between you and your wife will change as differing opinions on how to raise the children occur. You and your wife wil disagree with many decisions concerning the children. I have been there. I just highly recommend that you get the very best situation "going in" that you can.

I apologize for what may seem a cold message, but you will grow strong again soon, and in a couple of years look back and wish that you got the best lawyer available to put you in a position of as much control as possible.

I know exactly how you feel and while I woudn't wish it on anyone, you will grow and stregthen beyond where you have ever been. I know right now legalities may not be on your mind...........but they need to be made a priority. Don't ever underestimate your wife with regard to legalities. Never !!!!

Trey,

Thankfully I can't imagine what you're going through other than the thought of it happening to people brings tears to my eyes. Hang in there man and trust in God. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers to help you through this very difficult time.

Ben

Trey,

I hope you are hanging in there. I know things will really suck for a little while but soon, things won't suck so bad and after some time things will be going your way. It's like getting a bad burn, it's going to hurt like hell at first but over time it gets better. Trust me on this, you will feel better and it will be sooner than you think.

Thanx, Russ

Trey............it's been a while since I have made it to to the general section of the forum......What a blow! Dude, you are family and I love ya......of course my thoughts and pyayers are with you and yours.

Michelle and I have been together for 29 years now........our only really close call came about four years ago.......fortunately we talked it out and she went to her gyn........she started hormone patches and the difference was night and day.......

Trey, once she got balanced she decided I was not quite as big an a-hole.............just enough that she could tollerate........

Man..........all good karma......and love....

....................................................................................................Steve

Steve,

Great words of encouragement! My wife and I divorced in late '76. Without making this a religious thread, we both became Christians in '77, apart from one another. We remarried that Fall. It only got better and better until she left me due to cancer, just after Christmas in '05. The possibilities are endless...

You will contiually be in my prayers, Trey.

Bruce

Trey,

I will absolutely keep you in my prayers. I cannot even name a pain worse, a feeling more empty, a future that can look more hopeless than when it comes to these matters.

Lose a job? Get another one. A chance to do something different. Get sick? Go to the doctor. If it is terminal, everyman, in the end, will afterall die. No one has ever beat death. It is an inevitable future that we all, good, bad, sinner, saint, whatever must and will face. And, I hope that when that part of life comes that I am able to look at it in this way. But there is not much you can do about it.

But the pain of the heart is the pain of an entirely different dimension all together. The questions. The choices. The what ifs. The feelings of what now. The lost of the past. The loss of what you thought the future was going to look like. Can be absolutely mind numbingly imobilizing.

God Bless You Trey. I find myself sometimes not even knowing what to pray for these days. So, I just try to pray. I figure He surely, hopefully, has got to know what is best, one way or another. He has just got to.