Storage of Industrial LaScalas

I have two industrial LaScalas (vintage 1984) that I've been keeping in my basment...Nice and cool and dry...But now, I've got to store them in the garage for awhile, and I'm concerned about possible damage to the beauties. I have caster/roller cases for the base cabinets, but was wanting to know what, if any damage I'm doing by keeping them in the garage. I live in Annapolis, MD, so the summers aren't devastatingly hot, but my garage is not air conditioned, and outside temps can get into the 90's come mid-summer.

Advice/warnings/suggestion from those with insight and knowledge, please!

David

in the winter, they will absorb a lot of miosture. in the summer, they will release the miosture. after a few cycles of this....you will get plywood delamination.

Plywood deterioration in my experience was most prevalent in artic climates with 8% humidity (Greenland). In a 20 year span the 3/4" painted plywood turned to powder internally but did not delaminate. The 2" thick marine plywood in the floors and covering the metal base structure constructed 100 ft into the ice cap was in excellent condition. The Plywood in my 1965 K-horns is like brand new.

JJK

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the feedback on the stage of my industrial LaScalas...The good news is that I have them in heavy-duty, almost airtight coaster mounted cases...so the mice issue is nul & void...As soon as I get my sidewalk to my basement "cave" finished off this summer they'll go back to where they belong,...cranked up in my guy "cave"!

HDS