Got Tomatoes?

Tarheel

As far as squirrels go if they eat my tomatoes I eat them. So far this year I have had 5 of them on the Barbie. I think they are learning to stay out of my yard..lol. I would rather have the tomatoes but I will eat all them squirrels no problem. Now if they hear the back door even creak they scatter,,, they are getting kinda jumpy.... LOL  Rick

• Like 2

As far as squirrels go if they eat my tomatoes I eat them. So far this year I have had 5 of them on the Barbie. I think they are learning to stay out of my yard..lol. I would rather have the tomatoes but I will eat all them squirrels no problem. Now if they hear the back door even creak they scatter,,, they are getting kinda jumpy.... LOL  Rick

When i visit my farm Buds they have a window right next to the dinning room table, 17Hmr loaded and at the ready, and they shoot as they are drinking their morning coffee, right out the open window.

• Like 1

Ever had a BELT ? Most have had a BLT but my dad use to make Bacon Egg Lettuce and Tomato sandwiches. Never had a BLT again after I had one with home grown tomatoes. Rick

We make BLATs. bacon lettuce avocado tomato. Yum.
thats damn close to perfection...
  • Like 1

That's how it's done, there boiled with the same seasoning as crabs and crawfish. Suck the heads and pinch the tails, they even have it on T-shirts.

I started to make a joke about Kim B and your explanation of eating crawfish and decided I better leave it alone.

I thought he was thinking of the Richard Gere in the movie. There, I said it for you

Mark

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
10 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

anything other than Duke's mayo is wrong

You are correct sir.  Can't find it here in N. Indiana.  Always pick some up when I make the trip to Hope every spring.

Picked 97 lbs of maters last weekend at my SIL's parents farm.  Going back out again this week.  My wife is in full canning mode for at least the next month.......

• Like 1

IMG_2150.thumb.JPG.d1da8d6c645e3b36e4ba209b1233ec55.JPGTrue story here folks.  Reading this thread I started craving a mater sandwich so off the store for Merita Old Fashion bread and then to the produce stand for some Cherokee Purples.  

This was a simple one, bread (not toasted) this time, 2 1/4" slices of the tomato, mayo on both sides, salt, pepper, and 4 half strips bacon.  Not bad.  May toast the second one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

You are correct sir.  Can't find it here in N. Indiana.  Always pick some up when I make the trip to Hope every spring.

Picked 97 lbs of maters last weekend at my SIL's parents farm.  Going back out again this week.  My wife is in full canning mode for at least the next month.......

Pics Jimbo?

5 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

IMG_2150.thumb.JPG.d1da8d6c645e3b36e4ba209b1233ec55.JPGTrue story here folks.  Reading this thread I started craving a mater sandwich so off the store for Merita Old Fashion bread and then to the produce stand for some Cherokee Purples.  

This was a simple one, bread (not toasted) this time, 2 1/4" slices of the tomato, mayo on both sides, salt, pepper, and 4 half strips bacon.  Not bad.  May toast the second one.

Your tomato to bacon ratio is off...........MORE BACON :D

• Like 2