Very Lucky or Very Unlucky?

Islander

I used to be a glass is half empty kind of guy, and would have thought that he was really unlucky or stupid.

But, after my recent life experiences, I'd have to say that any day that you've survived and been able to heal from a tragedy, you gotta think about that other half of the glass.

I used to be a glass is half empty kind of guy, and would have thought that he was really unlucky or stupid.

But, after my recent life experiences, I'd have to say that any day that you've survived and been able to heal from a tragedy, you gotta think about that other half of the glass.

Lots of days I think my glass is missing entirely, then some days I at least have a glass. That's as far as I can get....

Oh ok thanks I didn't watch the whole thing and my computer speakers died so no sound.

I hear the new Cornwalls make excellent computer speakers .
Can't speak for Corns, but my Heresey II's are wonderful nearfield computer speakers. Had to screw wings on the desk to hold em though[:P]

• 2 weeks later...

The reason I titled the post as I did was that I've seen people who survived something terrible being called "lucky", when if they'd really been lucky, they would not have been in the bus that rolled into the river or been sucked into the jet engine or whatever. That's my opinion, anyway.

Like when you're lying in the ditch with a broken leg and someone says, "Man, are you ever lucky!" I don't have good words to say to that "helpful" person.

For that matter, I hate that glib expression, "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger." Hah! More likely, what doesn't kill you leaves you crippled.

Well, I'm glad I got all that off my chest...[8o|]

I used to be a ramp agent for USAIR here in sacramento. I was always worried about getting too close to the engines as we were always warned to stay away from them. They had markings on the ramp around the engines so we always new how close we could get. But this guy is not very careful at all. What a stupid mistake.. NEVER get in too much of a hurry on the job and always think safety first.

There was no bad luck involved with the guy getting sucked in. He simply had a mental lapse and walked in front of the intake. Just a terribly bad decision on his part. Notice the trainee did it properly and no had no such problem. Now He was extremely lucky to have survived it. Thats for sure. I have seen jet engines disassembled after bird strikes and it ain't pretty.