1989 Klipsch Quartet speakers

serra

Hi everyone, I need some help please. I would like to sell my 1989 Klipsch quartet speakers. They are in mint condition but no box or paper work. I live in the central Oklahoma area and will probably put them on craigslist. Would anyone be nice enough to tell me a little about them or could someone verify if the info on this eBay sale is correct? http://cgi.ebay.com/KLIPSCH-QUARTET-3-WAY-PASSIVE-RADIATOR-SPEAKERS-NICE_W0QQitemZ150353185896QQcmdZViewItemQQptZSpeakers_Subwoofers?hash=item2301bf8c68&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1240%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50 I know the market is down right now, but I would like to sell them. Can anyone quote me a fair market value at which to sell them? The gentleman who was very blunt about prices is welcome to tell me about my speakers. Thanks everyone,

Serra

I sold a set of WO Quartets a few years ago, when the market was better, for $400. Probably 8.5/10 condition, mint grills but with onechip about the size of a dime on the edge of the walnut vaneer. This was in S.E. Massachusetts, I could only speculate about the current market in central OK.

$400 is a FAIR price for BOTH parties ... but higher than what those buyers who are looking for a bargain are willing to pay.

They are nice speakers and worth every bit of $400

you guys nailed it...I totally agree...great speakers too...

Bill

Sometimes considered Extended Heritage, the Quartet is only a Quartet...there was no Quartet II...they were in the Quartet, Forte' II and Chorus II line up...these had the Tractrix instead of Exponential Horn...they use a passive radiator in the back to deepen the bass...the Quartet was slightly smaller than the Forte' II are very efficient (97.5dB) sound wonderful with Solid State or Tube power...I would say they sound similar to the Heritage Heresy but with more bass...good luck on your sale...depending on how fast you want to sell...the above listed price will get it done in time (unless someone is close and really wants your speakers) but a slightly lower price should get it done quicker...I have two pair and paid less but that was the story with both pair...seller wanted to sell, I was close and they were both flexible on the price if I picked them up...I have both Walnut Oiled in perfect condition and Oak Oiled in very nice cabinet condition and both sounding fantastic...they were about $1100 for the pair when new

Bill

...The gentleman who was very blunt about prices is welcome to tell me about my speakers. Thanks everyone,

Serra

lol,

Does anyone think Serra might be talking about me? lol lol

Naaaa.

I would not take less than that $400 for MY Quartets but doubt that I could get $400 with a BIN on eBay...

An auction starting at $49 and no reserve could go to $400 or even beyond but that's a gamble.

Like you noted, the market is down.

Down AND erratic.

Craigslist costs nothing to post an ad but I (personally) don't like selling there.

Much bigger market on eBay...

KEEP THOSE QUARTETS UNTIL THE MARKET GETS BACK TO A BETTER PLACE.

all that said, stranger things have happened than a $400 craigslist sale of mint Quartets.

Noah

Thank you all for your comments…even Noah. Smile. I really appreciate all the info and opinions. Obviously I wouldn’t be selling them in a down market unless I need to but such is life. I will try to sell locally then consider eBay. How do you ship them if I go that way?

Again, thanks. And thanks to Bill and USNRET for your service to our country!

Hi Serra (isn't that a mountain range in California?): fellow Oklahoman here (Stillwater). I have Quartets, so I am familiar with their size, etc. I would list them first here in the Garage Sale section. Being in/around OKC (I presume), your market will be all of OK, southern Kansas, western Arkansas, and of course the big market of Dallas-Ft.Worth. I would not ship them anywhere, due to their size. Only if you could make new boxes as substantial and protective as the original ones would they stand a chance of shipping without damage. Don't be mislead by anyone at a mailboxesetc or ups stores, they will only put them in a flimsy box with styrofoam pellets, which will not protect a 55 lb speaker. Building a substantial box and shipping will add up to a significant percent of the sale price ($50-$100), probably more than most are willing to pay for speakers in that price range. If you are willing/able, you can offer to deliver them up to a certain distance, say 100-200 miles, or meet a buyer midway between. Many of us here have driven further to get desired Klipsch speakers. With that strategy, you could list them on multiple craigslists- OKC, Dallas, Wichita, Ft. Smith, etc.

• 4 years later...