Speaker Help KG4's or KG4.2's?

Rocko81

I have the opportunity to buy some KG4.2's AND KG1.2's or a pair of KG4's in the $150 range. I'd just be using these with my Marantz 2252b for 2 channel listening. Just wondering if any one had any preferences between the 4 and the 4.2? I know I should listen to them both and decide for myself, I'm just looking for opinions.

Thanks,

Rocko

the kg4s were from the first run of kg speakers by Klipsch...they were made a long time and have a fierce following...I think the KG 4.2s are more efficient and might even go lower but I bet most would get the kg4s...

http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/products/kg-4-specifications/

http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/products/kg-4-2-specifications/

the kg4s have a rear firing passive radiator so placement might be more difficult...the KG 4.2 has a passive in the front so placement is easier...the 4.2s are newer...good luck with your choice...

Bill

Ok so I picked up the KG 4's for $125. They look and sound great. Right now I'm only using my old Onkyo TX-930 to push them. I'm guesing the my Maranz will give them a much nicer sound. I think tomorrow if they the 4.2's and the 1.2's are still available they will be mine as well. My Wife will kill me if iI keep all of them but doesn't mean I can't test 'em out for a while.

I'd just be using these with my Marantz 2252b for 2 channel listening

My vote is for the KG4's. They will sound great with your Marantz 2252b. I had the same setup until I recently sold my KG4's(needed funds for my Forte's) to Clermontcop. They sounded good with my Onkyo receiver but the Marantz took them to another dimension.

Bill