Say whaaaaat? RF-7's are back!!

nixonrsx

i had the chance to compare the RF7 to the older KLF_20/30 ,and i can say that i fell in love to the KLF-20's, is Klipsch going to bring something like that back, i thought the deatil waas much better with 1 high horn and 1 midrange horn seoerate than the big horn used by the RF7 ,has anyone been able to compare the KLF-20 vs. RF7 vs. RF83?

I have both the RF-7 and KLF 20s and although the KLF-20 are awesome speakers, I prefer the slam of the RF-7s and feel their high end is clearer.

I agree,I also had the 83's and although very nice,I kept my 7's.With a good source and front end,I've not had a better speaker in my house under $4k.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I noticed these for sale a while ago and thought to myself, wow, these are available again even though when i started looking at klipsch stuff i had never seen these models for sale as they had already been discontinued. I just think its nice that out of the many audio companies, klipsch is the only one i have seen that has their own forum for their fans. Ontop of that, the community between klpisch and their loyal fans and customers seems to be so close that they would consider making once again, a discontinued item. Klipsch is a very mainstream high quality company and gives the feel of that small audio manufacturer that creates high quality, low distortion products. Once again, another reason will go klipsch :)

• Moderators

The Dark Cherry looks sexy. I might have to get myself a pair

Can't find used yet though :-/

I doubt you'll find any used in a long, long, long time. This finish just came out.

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I wonder how the RF-7 IIs sound compared to the original RF-7s. I have a pair with the DeanG mod. I noticed on the website that the crossover has been upgraded in the new model and the so have the drivers.

I have the RF7 II's and love them , Im sure your 7's sound great to with the DeanG mod . The 7's and 7II's are so well rounded they sound outstanding for HT and all types of music i've found since I enjoy a variety of music .

• 1 month later...

i don't know if you can tell me this, but are these selling well?

I would be surprised if they were. I went to look at and maybe buy a set, I now have no desire to pursue the II's.I'm not sure who designed these but they lost me, very disappointing.I'm not really commenting on the sound as you can't really judge unless you have em' home, the looks did me in.

so you didn't like how they looked? man, that's what i love about them. i really like how there isn't a black dust cap. oddly the look of the II's is what i was going to have a freind of mine to do my speakers. the only difference was i like how the grill stands off, so i was going to take the pegs away and make it magnetic. he said he could put some wood behind the grill and to keep the shape. so did you actually hear them where you saw them? we all know here the sound changes once you get them in your house with your gear. i personally would like to get a rc-64 and trade it out with my rc-7. i just like the look of the 64 more.

i don't know if you can tell me this, but are these selling well?

I would be surprised if they were. I went to look at and maybe buy a set, I now have no desire to pursue the II's.I'm not sure who designed these but they lost me, very disappointing.I'm not really commenting on the sound as you can't really judge unless you have em' home, the looks did me in.

Fwiw, this thread is about the RF-7 Classic which is the original RF-7s with a darker cherry finish and not the RF-7II.

• 1 month later...

Since I have never heard a pair all I can give you is my thoughts on the looks.

Pro's: 10 inch drivers, wood veneer front, depth

Con's: "half" screen mesh front, the feet are not uniform (I miss the RF 83 style feet),

Not sure why Klipsch ever went to the plastic bezel on the reference line to begin with. Even the Synergy line had the wood veneer in front and that is suppossed to be the lower end line. Tell the truth...if you didn't know the specs or price point wouldn't you think the Synergy line was higher end? I mean maybe some would think the gold color drivers may be higher end but is there an owner out there that likes the full face plastic bezel more than the wood veneer? I wish the RF 7ii had metal feet that were designed like the RF 83 feet. Maybe even removable for easier moving. The new 7's look like they are top heavy and leaning forward from the pics on the Klipsch website. I do need to mention again that the wood veneer on the front looks great though...especially in cherry cause it really stands out.

I think my personal favorite speaker (physical appearence only) would be the feet and dark cherry color of the classic RF 7. I like that the front veneer of the RF 7ii is a perfect circle around the drivers but I like the front port look on the Synergy line. Also would need the solid color driver from the RF 7ii.