Say whaaaaat? RF-7's are back!!

nixonrsx

• Moderators

I can actually take phone orders right now. Our webmaster, who is the man to set these up in the webstore, is off on paternity leave this week. I guess that's a good enough excuse [:)]

Anyway, if you can't wait, call me to place your order, 800-KLIPSCH, ext 8594. I'm frequently out and about, so leave me a message!

hello - fyi the product page is showing the rf-7 as discontinued ...

looks like the new product info (when it gets up) will need to include a link to the original rf-7 !

:)

i like the rf-7

i wonder if the new crossover is identical to the original ?

paul

• Moderators

looks like the new product info (when it gets up) will need to include a link to the original rf-7 !

Great idea!

i wonder if the new crossover is identical to the original ?

Internal parts are all the same.

• Moderators

Amy,

Where the new , RF 83 lines not selling well enough? Just curious why Klipsch brought these back?

The Ref IV lines is doing well , and will continue to be available at specialty retailers. This project is unrelated. The Ref III models (RF-7 and RF-5) were always popular, and continue to be in demand. The factory in Hope had the parts to build them, so they did. We are going to offer them at klipsch.com only, for a limited time.

Think of it like the Heritage line. In fact, we almost called these "Heritage RF," but thought since PWK didn't have a hand in their development directly that it would be inappropriate.

Hope that helps!

OMG!

Color me stoked!I might have to buy a pair just because I can! (go broke
that is)

PS. Amy, I saw the main site today and love how the three mini
advertisements are uniformly labeled at the top. It brings a solid viewing
experience while drawing my eyes to the main content of the site; the rotating
center "banner" if you will. Kudos!

Amy,

Where the new , RF 83 lines not selling well enough? Just curious why Klipsch brought these back?

The factory in Hope had the parts to build them, so they did. We are going to offer them at klipsch.com only, for a limited time.

Think of it like the Heritage line. In fact, we almost called these "Heritage RF," but thought since PWK didn't have a hand in their development directly that it would be inappropriate.

Hope that helps!

Amy, is this in any way a move to deplete stock on the drivers? Just curious since my speakers use both the K-1083-SB8" and K-67-DV1.75". I know I am probably just being paranoid[:|].

• 4 weeks later...

i had the chance to compare the RF7 to the older KLF_20/30 ,and i can say that i fell in love to the KLF-20's, is Klipsch going to bring something like that back, i thought the deatil waas much better with 1 high horn and 1 midrange horn seoerate than the big horn used by the RF7 ,has anyone been able to compare the KLF-20 vs. RF7 vs. RF83?

i had the chance to compare the RF7 to the older KLF_20/30 ,and i can say that i fell in love to the KLF-20's, is Klipsch going to bring something like that back, i thought the deatil waas much better with 1 high horn and 1 midrange horn seoerate than the big horn used by the RF7 ,has anyone been able to compare the KLF-20 vs. RF7 vs. RF83?

I have both the RF-7 and KLF 20s and although the KLF-20 are awesome speakers, I prefer the slam of the RF-7s and feel their high end is clearer.

uh, funny I found the RF7 a bit bassier and the KLF20 more detail in the higher end also the mid. what about the RF7 compared to RF83? I do love music, mosltyRock but i dont fndmuch time to just listen musin at home, mostly is for movies when i have the time time to enjoys my speakers, right now i use RB75 bookshelf,I love my surround system but i want to upgrade to towers, and debatingfor the RF83, and now since they remade RF7 dont know what todo, since no store by my house has them to compare.

thx

Hello,

I am selling a pair of RF-7's and a center channel model number RC-7. I also have an Infinity subwoofer with 2 10's model number SSW-210 and a Yamaha receiver model number RX-V1070. I am selling the complete system for $1700.00 OBO. The system is in like new condition. Works perfect with no scrathes. They have been in a non-smoker home. I have them listed on craigslist with pictures. The listing is in Tampa, Florida under electronics. You can search the heading Klipsch and it should come up.

I havent figures out how to post pics on here yet.

Best Regards,

Ray

• 2 weeks later...