Jeff Beck Live at Ronnie Scott's

callmeishmael

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Jeff Beck is probably one of the most original guitarists. I think it has been hard for the masses to follow him because each of his albumns we almost a different genre. Eitherway he is a true talent.

Win, Did you have to catch a flight? Too bad you missed him. I have never seen him live in person.

In the past, he was one of my favorite guitarists. Currently he is my favorite LIVING guitarists. I have seen him about 5 times thoughout his carreer. I was too young to see him with Rod Stewart in his early days after the Yardbirds.

I have been to Joe Satraiani's "G3 concerts" and both he and Steve Vai say they would love to take lessons from Beck. Jimmy Page of Led Zeppeling fame has been friends with JB since they were 11 years old and is still Jeff's biggest fan, even though financially, Led Zep was way more successful than anything JB ever did. He has played with pretty much everybody who is anybody in the biz.

Also, the late, great, Les Paul himself, was a huge Jeff Beck fan. The millionaire record producer, guitarist, Nile Rogers (formerly of the disco band Chic) said Jeff Beck was his favorite guitar player because he always knew where to put the notes on ANY kind of musical style. He accompanied pop starKelly Clarkson on American Ido's charity event. He has composed very little music, can't sing worth a damn, but he has played electric guitar in so many styles and continues to evolve.

Also, JB is a total car nut, building his own hot rods when he's not playing guitar.

I was glad to see him finally inducted into the Rock and Roll hall of fame this year. It was long overdue, since he is credited as a heavy influence on Led Zeppelin and starting the "heavy metal" style of playing that all the "hair bands" that came after.

When I saw him about 3 years ago, at the Detroit Opera House, most of the people in the crowd were guitar players with their wives and KIDS.

He is a true master and I have been waiting for YEARS to see him on a video of some sort.

This DVD is very well recorded in a tiny venue and should be in every Klipsch owners collection of great music.

I bought her CD called "Transformations." She's about 23 years old but looks about 12. She plays a bit like Jaco Pastorius (who doesn't) but without the flamboyance. She's no Marcus Miller or Victor Wooten, but she has real talent.

She has earned the respect of veteran Jazzmen like Chic Corea and toured with him briefly before Vinnie Caliutta discovered her in LA and hooked her up with Jeff Beck. The current line up with Jeff is the most solid band he has had in years.

Yep, she is very impressive. The look of some of the audience members was priceless when they saw her take the stage!! The look turned to amazement after a few tunes though.

I had that same impression when I saw her in Eric Clapton's guitar festival DVD. I said who is this little 12 year old girl?

Now JB has played with some of the best musicians in the world, including some of the best best players like Stanley Clark, and more recently Pino Palladino. He has great respect for Pino's opinion on other musicians, and it was Pino that recommended Vinnie Caliutta, one of the most versatile and talented drummers on the planet. Vinnie discovered Tal Wilkenfeld after a session in an LA studio. Since JB respects Vinnie's opinion as well, Tal became part of the band with no dissapointments, irrespective of her youth.

It was initially hard to find, but last year, I got her "Transformations" CD. She wrote all the tunes and did all of the arrangements. She worked with some of the top NYC musicians. It's a little "Weather Reportish" which is quite testimonial to her musicianship.

• 3 months later...

I bought this for a friend for xmas. He brought it over to hear on the khorns. I'm not a huge JZB fan but this was a great show. The girl playing bas is a trip. The quality of this concert blew me away. We had this concert turned up.

I picked up this show on bluray(after watching with bob),video and audio both outstanding.And yes,ole girl playin the bass was pretty tight,the chick singing "people get ready"was no slouch either.Last time I saw Jeff was in 1982 or 3 maybe,"Brittish are coming" Dallas,Beck/Clapton/Page/Cocker/Winwood and a long list of super stars.

I have this on Blu-Ray (one of the best!). I absolutely LOVE Joss Stone singing "People Get Ready" on this disc. She is so soulful and sexy to me. Kind of like a 70's throwback to me, like a hippie chick (my kind of girl). Many times on the weekend when I enjoy music with a few drinks I play a couple of my favorite songs from my favorite discs and this is always one of them.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...