p-39f cost

p.dow

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the release was first announced, the MSRP was $15k, but the raw cost of Neo and some of the other exotic materials being used went up, so the MSRP was raised to the $20k listed on the website:
http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/products/p-39f-overview/

At least that's my understanding of the price difference. There was a post by one of the Klipsch employees on the forum about it here somewhere, but I can't seem to find it.

thanks for the link and info.

i cant seem to get my mouse to work with the Kcorner site... it could be a problem on my end.

i can get way closer to a purchase of these beauties at 15K as opposed to 20 K....

i wonder if the price of materials/production/marketing/end sales , etc - goes down , there will be a 5K price drop ????

.......... naawwww. i doubt it. [|-)]

but i guess if marketing and product quality is creating demand greater than current wherewithall to produce price will be max.

paul

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

scott -

wow :)

palladiums

and

citrus....

no palladiums, but we have mennello tangello (2) , marsh white and ray ruby grapefruit, naval (unsure of specific) and sunburst hybrid tangerine, and 2 key limes. the tangellos and tangerine are hurting this year. lack of water and the heat has limited yield. the tangerine set blossoms seems like 3 distinct times , but because of weather each time they would loose most all blossoms or tiny fruit. and now i think the tree is stressed after blooming so many times and the continuing heat spell.recent rains and watering has helped but i wont see much product for this tree this year. i think some birds ate some of my grapefruit babies too.oh well.

home depot and lowes dont seem to get the one gallon stock like i used to see in the 90's. but i did just pick up a root bound one gallon page orange at lowes last week for $9.xx .

.i can imagine my citrus problems are quite small compared to your operation.

do you have any links to pics/chat about your palladiums. thanks

regards paul

• 1 month later...

wow dr who

im dr shaharyar

n i was lookin at ur setup

seems like uv had some audio bliss at home

lolz

well.... can u tell the sonic differences u found btw the RF7s and palladiums that u may hv checked somewhere?

also hv u heard rf3s, how well do they stand compared to rf 7s

please inform me with ur experiences

tc

wow dr who

im dr shaharyar

n i was lookin at ur setup

seems like uv had some audio bliss at home

lolz

well.... can u tell the sonic differences u found btw the RF7s and palladiums that u may hv checked somewhere?

also hv u heard rf3s, how well do they stand compared to rf 7s

please inform me with ur experiences

tc

lol, my audio setup is far from anything super audio bliss....although my new house has a killer room that will be the start of what I hope to be a really awesome setup.

The P-39f smokes the RF-7 in every category....I can confidently say it's one of the best speakers in the world. I really like the RF-3 from a bang for the buck perspective, but you're gonna get a larger/fatter sound from the RF-7.

I could easily enjoy listening to music on all three, but then I can enjoy music with my stock car speakers too...

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Do you know how they stack up against the Jubilee or the other big horn and bass bin set ups?

From what I've read, the quality is similar. However, when compared to Julilees it's a case of more of the same. i.e. the Jubilee produces what the Palladium can but it's just 'bigger'. I don't know if it's able to be quantified but it would appear that there is a far better auditory envelopment from the Jubilees than the Palladium. However, that's hardly surprising considering the form factors.

The P-39f smokes the RF-7 in every category

It better!Wink
I would love to get the chance to hear them sometime. Do you know how
they stack up against the Jubilee or the other big horn and bass bin
set ups?

After doing a side by side volume matched comparison, I was quite
surprised by how much better the Jubilee was...I think some of it had
to do with some specifics about the room and implementation though.
During that comparison, I recalled that the P-39f's in Damon's
listening room sounded way better than what we were hearing that
day....which had me thinking for the longest time that the P-39f might
be better depending on listening habits and the listening environment.

However,
it never occurred to me during all that time that the Jubilee might
sound better in a better room too...and they absolutely do! Recently I
had the opportunity hear Steve Kovat's Jubilees and was just floored by
their ability to disappear. We threw in a Blue Man Group DVD just to
check out one song and ended up watching the whole concert...in my mind
that's a great sign of a system doing what it's supposed to do.

Now that's not to say that the P-39f is bad by any stretch of
the imagination. In fact, I still feel that it is the most "inert"
speaker I've ever heard, and its lower mids are simply outstanding. I
also got wrapped up in the musical content when listening over at
Damon's place. The P-39f has some imaging advantages since it was
designed to be pulled out and away from the corners. The Jubilee will
be much more sensitive to the room and its corners in order to achieve
the same thing you so easily get from the P-39f.

If I was being
hired to install a system for someone else, I still might choose the
P-39f, if for no other reason than its a prettier speaker and
subscribes better to the audiophile image...the mood of a person
listening to a system is every bit as important as the system itself. I
also believe visual cues dramatically affect how we perceive audio -
even if it's completely subconscious.

I think the biggest advantages the Jubilee brings to the table is the
super low distortion and great dynamics. The well behaved polars and
power response also make the sweet spot huge, and make the speaker very
easy to integrate into the listening environment. The P-39f can't quite
keep up in the dynamics/distortion department (although its incredibly
close), and it's also extremely sensitive to speaker and listener
position. The sweet spot isn't as big with the P-39f. However, it's
real easy to get a good sounding sweet spot. The Jubilee relies almost
entirely on the room itself.

In the end, they're both awesome speakers and I would be happy with
either. I would highly recommend giving both a listen if you ever get the chance.

The P-39f smokes the RF-7 in every category

It better!Wink I would love to get the chance to hear them sometime. Do you know how they stack up against the Jubilee or the other big horn and bass bin set ups?

After doing a side by side volume matched comparison, I was quite surprised by how much better the Jubilee was...I think some of it had to do with some specifics about the room and implementation though. During that comparison, I recalled that the P-39f's in Damon's listening room sounded way better than what we were hearing that day....which had me thinking for the longest time that the P-39f might be better depending on listening habits and the listening environment.

However, it never occurred to me during all that time that the Jubilee might sound better in a better room too...and they absolutely do! Recently I had the opportunity hear Steve Kovat's Jubilees and was just floored by their ability to disappear. We threw in a Blue Man Group DVD just to check out one song and ended up watching the whole concert...in my mind that's a great sign of a system doing what it's supposed to do.

Now that's not to say that the P-39f is bad by any stretch of the imagination. In fact, I still feel that it is the most "inert" speaker I've ever heard, and its lower mids are simply outstanding. I also got wrapped up in the musical content when listening over at Damon's place. The P-39f has some imaging advantages since it was designed to be pulled out and away from the corners. The Jubilee will be much more sensitive to the room and its corners in order to achieve the same thing you so easily get from the P-39f.

If I was being hired to install a system for someone else, I still might choose the P-39f, if for no other reason than its a prettier speaker and subscribes better to the audiophile image...the mood of a person listening to a system is every bit as important as the system itself. I also believe visual cues dramatically affect how we perceive audio - even if it's completely subconscious.

I think the biggest advantages the Jubilee brings to the table is the super low distortion and great dynamics. The well behaved polars and power response also make the sweet spot huge, and make the speaker very easy to integrate into the listening environment. The P-39f can't quite keep up in the dynamics/distortion department (although its incredibly close), and it's also extremely sensitive to speaker and listener position. The sweet spot isn't as big with the P-39f. However, it's real easy to get a good sounding sweet spot. The Jubilee relies almost entirely on the room itself.

In the end, they're both awesome speakers and I would be happy with either. I would highly recommend giving both a listen if you ever get the chance.

Knowing that I can't spring for a pair of P-39f's at the moment, but that I am going to build myself a custom set of Jamboree's, while at the same time, gutting and remodeling my home, I will be paying attention to the room acoustics and hopefully making some correct choices, regarding the details of the remodle. I will soon be sifting through the info on this site as well as others, to try and get the basic knowledge I need to tweak the remodle to make the room as good as it can be, as I can make any modifications (with in reason) to the walls, ceilings and floors that I want to at this point. BTW, nice answer to my question, Thanks!

• 3 months later...

I have a pair, and it interesting the break-in process. I never expected them to get better and better as I matched them with a huge variety of music styles. Every time I listen to them, the result is better.

• 1 month later...

I bought two pair of Klipsch Palladium P-39F 's last year for my house in Seattle - $20,000 per pair (i.e. $40,000 total).

Below is a reply (review) I wrote to a member wanting to compare the P-39's to Def Tech's BP7000's.

Igrocks01:

I'll presume you are refering to the Definitive Technolgy BP7000SC, as their top-of-the-line floor stander ($2,750 each with a built-in 14" sub-woofer). I'm a big fan of Def-Tech and put their Mythos XTR-50 system (with Denon 7 channel THX receiver) in my girl-friends house in Chicago. My problem with Def-Tech is their claims. Great, captivating brochure writers, but misleading. Does anybody believe the BP7000SC has two 1,800 watt, .01% THD amplifiers? No. On the same page, DT will price their speakers each, and then tell you that they have built-in 1,800 watt amplifiers. Is that each? Is that Root Mean Square (RMS)? At what distortion levels (THD)? When talking of audio gear, always keep these two things in mind: 1) Trust you ears 2) Vendors (DT and Klipsch) are trying to sell you their products.

The Klipsch P-39F ($10,000 each, with 3 - 9" wooofers). At this level, audio breaches technical specifications (all exceptional for the P-39F) and becomes emotional / subjective. Just seeing my four zebra wood P-39F's is an emotional experiece akin to viewing a Monet - and I haven't even turned the power on yet! With that said, the objective question becomes; are the P-39F's worth 4 times as much as the BP7000's? Technically, no. Especially when you consider using FOUR ($18,000 each) McIntosh MC2301 mono-block amplifiers, with these jewels. This is why Klipsh makes thr RF-83 ($1,500 each) and DT makes the BP700SC. It's also why Pioneer and Denon make very good receivers that are nothing like Mac and Krell mono-blocks amplifiers.

So can the P-39F stand up to the BP7000's? Do this one thing and answer your own question - listen to three pieces of music on the DT's.

1) Aria from "La Wally" Diva, 2) Jimmy Rogers All-Stars "Trouble no more" w/ Mick Jagger, and 3) Flim & the BB's "All my children"

Then come to my house in Seattle and listen to the same music on the Klipsch P-39F's. If there's no smile on your face and a tear in your eye - check your pulse.

I have just completed setting up the entire Palladium HT package. Using only the Palladium line of speakers. I have a smile on my face and a tear in my eye, as I type. The result is breathtaking...

You're one lucky son-of-a-gun! Send pics!

What are you using to push the Palladium's?

Filled with envy, as I'm in NC for three weeks.

Currently, this is the set-up;

Center Speaker: McIntosh 202 (mono)

Front L-R: Bi-Amp'd with two McIntosh 602's

Back L-R: McIntosh MC 300