p.dow

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Kind of ironic that Klipsch's flagship line is not fully horn loaded. Not that I would expect it to be in such a narrow package with a better low frequency range. I have never heard any of the Palladium line, but what gives? Lots of owners here marveling over them, but what makes them so unique? They still have a Titanium Tweeter and an Aluminum diaphragm mid. On top of that the mid horn seems small and just a polished up KLF style tractrix mid. How can the imaging and smooth delivery match the larger deeper 401 mid horn on an old school Heritage offering? I dont see how it would be physically possible for a set of the P-39's to take on a set of properly set up Jubs, Khorns or even home built Cornscala's and the majority of listeners saying otherwise. Maybe Im way off the mark here, but can someone enlighten me into what we are missing other than 8K worth of Zebra wood veneer. Please pass some of that Kool-aid to this grumpy old man [:)]

The Palladium speakers have some high-end engineering and parts in them, plus the build quality and finish goes beyond any model before them, as far as I'm aware.

The new tractrix horns may be much smaller than the old exponential horns like the K400, but they work quite a bit better. The Jubilee and JubScala use the K402 or K510 horns, and they are a big improvement over the K400 and K401.

The P-39s seem to be a step up from K-horns, and have a sound that's different from Jubilees, but equally good in its way. That expensive zebra wood elevates their looks well beyond the utility finish of most Jubilees, and that's important to some buyers, in spite of the cost.

There are several forum members who own and enjoy Palladiums, so I'll leave the rest to them.

EDIT: Here's a very short clip about the tractrix curve, and why it works well in horn speakers:

• 2 months later...