Mushrooms anybody....

oldenough

• Moderators

[:P] A little butter and heat and I would be in heaven, I love mushrooms but have always been scared to pick myself because I don't know one from another. Might take a trip without leaving the farm ! [A] Or worse . [W]

Stick out tongue A little butter and heat and I would be in heaven, I love mushrooms but have always been scared to pick myself because I don't know one from another. Might take a trip without leaving the farm ! Angel Or worse . Wilted Flower

LOL...".Better safe than sorry". Buy 'em at the supermarket.

We had them in the NC mountains like you would not believe. My wine guy is a big time veg- head. i asked him to reccomend a book to me so i could ID the good ones. He told me some horror stories of friends missing the ID and expierencing kidney failure and slow painful death. Very difficult to tell tham apart according to him. OK I'm convinced- scrap that idea. i am sure that there were tons of good ones given the numbers but I was scared away. I love mushrooms.

That looks like some mushrooms I've had in my yard, but still wouldn't trust my skills to ID.

So, oldenough, what are your plans for these big guys.

Well I think I will just find a big ol' pan and fry them up...[:P]