As of 7-7-09...

wuzzzer

Posted Image

Today was the final day of the weight loss contest between a co-worker and me. We started the contest April 1st of this year. My beginning weight was 208.5 pounds. I lost about 20 more pounds than she did in that time. In her defense, she started dieting January 1st and I didn't start until our contest started in April 1st. She had already lost about 20 pounds prior to our contest so I had an easier time losing weight right away. She's lost 43 pounds since January 1st.

I was a little worried because last week at the cabin I ate Twinkies, hamburgers, brats, fried fish, macaroni and cheese, potato chips, beer, etc. I was on vacation and needed to not have to care about what I ate. I still lost a half pound over the past two weeks.

She now owes me an all-you-can-eat pizza buffet at Pizza Ranch, a local pizza chain. I haven't eaten there since the week before I started my diet when I had around 12 pieces of pizza. I don't think I'll be able to pack that many in now and frankly I don't want to.

My wife got me a gift certificate for a new suit at a local men's store and if I can keep the weight off through Christmas I'm going to treat myself to a couple more. I wear a suit every day to work so it'll be nice to have clothes that aren't falling off of me.

I wish success to everyone out there who is trying to lose weight. Its not easy but it can be done and the results are well worth it!

• Moderators

Well done! The best way is not to get fat in the first place. If your pants start to get too tight, don't buy bigger pants, start eating less!

I have been apperantly been doing it all wrong all this time ! [:P]

Good work, glad you lost the weight but please no more pic's of the feet. [;)]

great news Wuzzer...you driving that 'stang???...

Bill

Unfortunately it isn't my tires being melted into submission but I do own a yellow GT convertible with a black top. I found the pic online and thought it would work well as an avatar. [:)]

Here's mine

Posted Image

Great Job Wuzzer! You probably feel better and have more energy already. Especially if you are exercising.

Yes, I've been running three days a week and doing weights/cardio 3 days a week in between running. Getting some very nice muscle definition in my arms and legs. Now I just need to work on my midsection!

congrats! i've managed to lose about 25 pounds over the past few years. down to 206 (this morning) from my all-time high of 234 (several years ago). I'd like to take it a little more seriously and drop down to about 190-195.

If so, you'll be in the same boat as joesporster in trying to change your username[:P].

congrats! i've managed to lose about 25 pounds over the past few years. down to 206 (this morning) from my all-time high of 234 (several years ago). I'd like to take it a little more seriously and drop down to about 190-195.

If so, you'll be in the same boat as joesporster in trying to change your usernameStick out tongue.

funny--but, that was just a nickname i've picked up over the years and not referring to my weight/height. I'm just a fraction under 6'1" so i can carry this weight without it showing too much.

Congrats Wuzzer!

I've managed to drop to 145 over the past three weeks. A little work stress, a lot of relational stress, and couldn't eat much. Now I'm eating, but it doesn't take much to where I'm satisfied. If I hang right here, I'll be really happy. I have soooo much energy. [:D]

My gf is pretty happy with it too!

Bruce

Thanks again for the kind words. This diet and exercise stuff is addicting. When I made my first goal of 178 pounds I then made a new goal of 170 and hope to be there by the end of July. I'm not sure what I'm going to do once I hit that point. I guess I'd be comfortable staying within the 170-175 range. I know winter's going to be hard not being able to run outside as much.

• Moderators

Good work, glad you lost the weight but please no more pic's of the feet. Wink

Sorry about that. Next time I'll try to not show as much skin. Cool

Some parts would be Ok some parts are not, [:o] now to figure out which ones are which, I'm sure Amy can help with some of them answers ! [:|]

Really, congratulations that's a tough thing to do, I'm starting to work on it but not as seriously as you . For me the running and cardio stuff would be a waste, it would kill me then there would be no reason to lose weight. Went to the doc the other day and this is the most I have ever weighed 283 ! Time to do something.