Zu Essence

Macallan

Anyone got any experience with Zu cables?

All I know is the more expensive ones are better. [;)]

I've been seeing them (power, speaker, interconnect) on eBay lately, direct from Zu. That's how I bought my Zu 103R last year.

• 3 months later...

I haven't heard the Essence or the RF-7s but I have heard the Druids a couple of times and they are impressive speaks for the $ ( they're on sale today at the Zu for $2K). The Essence is essentially the same design as the Druids but 'pumped' up with better frequency extension (30Hz - 40kHz) though less efficiency (97dB vs 101dB). I'd imagine that the Essence keeps and/or improves upon what I liked about the Druids - accuracy, excellent staging and depth, fast transients and hopefully adds more bulk to the overall presentation as the Druids sounded a bit thin compared to my semi-Khorns. I'd like to hear a pair and I'm sure they would be very satisfying.

BTW, Zu Audio is having their annual '12 Days of Christmas Sale' and were selling B-stock Essence's for about $1k off a week ago. Keep checking in as the folks at Zu sometimes re-run a product during the sale.

post-3360-13819525616048_thumb.jpg