Just bought a pair of Chorus I

Rocko81

I got back from a 4.5 hour road trip to pick up a pair of Chorus I's. The cosmetics on them are OK, there are a few large chips in the veneer. I had to fire them up last night when I got home at 11 PM. All I can say is WOW!!! They sound great! And I only had them hooked up to my Onkyo TX-930 as my Marantz 2252B is being repaired. Looks like the KG4's I just picked up will be up for sale. I do have a couple questions:

A) Is there any way to fix the chipped veneer?

B) What can I use to "shine" them up as they are a bit dusty.

Any help, comments, updates suggestions or feedback is welcome.

Thanks,

Rocko

You will love them with your Marantz. How chipped is chipped? If we are talking less than 1/4", I suggest you get a Sharpie if finish is black and a set(different shades of brown) of furniture repair markers if WO,WL,OO,OL. If finish is WO or OO, get a bottle of Formby's lemon oil and apply every 4-6 weeks. For laquer finishes, a very damp cloth should do the trick. I am not a wood finish expert but these suggestions work well for me.

Bill

It's a decent size, probably 4 inches long by an inch high at it's largest. I believe they are OO. I picked them up for $300 which after listening to them I think is a steal. Can't wait to get that Marantz on them. Formby's seems to be a great suggestion the more I read.

Thanks again,

Rocko