<OT> Problems with MP3s and win2k

CatKnight

ever since i installed win2k i've been having several small annoying bugs. one is that i cant seem to rip any cds with software that used to work. the dae goes at like 1 sector per second when in 98 it used to go at 12x. also, i can't seem to copy mp3s to my rio pmp300 mp3 player, using the newest version of rioport. it gives me the errror message invalid media device. anyone know how to fix these bugs?

stupid question, but have you checked the rio page for compatiblity issues with 2k? also, check to see that you have dma enabled and also check in your software to make sure you have a high burn speed set. also, are you daisy-chaining the burner and your hd with win2k on it? in other words, do you have your burner and hd on ide 0 or are they mixed between 0 and 1. also, make sure you have the latest intel ide bus drivers loaded for the fastest transfer times. also, check with your burner's page for compatiblity issues with 2k and/or a new firmware update, etc. wow, that was alot of also's. anyway, see if any of that helps.

J