Am building my first theater room ever

chrisgood

I haven't researched recievers in a while, but did a quick search on that one. I think that based on the efficiency of the Klipsch the 140watts/channel will be more than enough. Also you want to make sure the processor has all the latest surround formats, which it does. It also has all the video switching you could be interested in. It is a bit pricey, and you could possibly look at seperate amps and processors on the used market that will give more bang for the buck. However, you'll likely only gain a very slight edge in performance (and that's only if you select the right pairings).

I'm going to be using mine with a Denon AVR3300 that I bought back in 2000. I'm sure it will get me by for some time before I'm going to go with seperates myself.

I'm sure you will have issues related to the high ceilings. Go over to the avs forum and do some searching for acoustical treatment threads. You can build your own treatments that have a nice designer flair (that your wife will approve of). I can testify that I put about $400 of DIY treatment in my theater and it was a vast improvement. Oh yeah, put an area rug over the floors too (if approved) [:D]

My 650's are in Jackson, MS on a UPS truck right now and should be to me by Tuesday. I've got very high expectations.

For a room that size, you may want t get seperate amps and a pre-amp. Emotiva has great amps. That way you can mix and match. For a dedicated subwoofer amp, I highly suggest the Behringer EP2500. You might need to replace the fan on it though if it is close to your listening posittion. That takes about 30 minutes to do and it costs about $10.

Yes Chris, your K120 is going to work just fine....hahaha :)

I have my 650's hooked up now, and I'm finding that, although it sounds fantastic, I am wanting for more power. It's all a matter of expectations though. It sounds good enough to amaze most anyone, but I'm not most anyone. :) Hope your Onkyo pleases you in this regard.

My integra is here... ups freight tried to deliver my speakers friday.. but I was not home... gonna get them monday... am so psyched :) I think my room is going to be too "bright" , gonna have to build a dedicated theater room in the basement.... the $$ just keep piling up... :(