usb thumb drive music content to home stereo?

JL Sargent

My vehicles have USB compatable car stereos. My digital music is all MP3 format. I have been loading up my mp3s on thumb drives and listening that way in the road. Works great. Is there a gizmo which would sit with my home stereo and would have one or two USB ports on the front and allow me to use a thumb drive as the music source? If would need to be MP3 compatable and a screen of sorts to browse/launch the music. 24bit would be nice. Surely there is such a thing, but I cannot find. Anybody know of such?

Guest David H

My vehicles have USB compatable car stereos. My digital music is all MP3 format. I have been loading up my mp3s on thumb drives and listening that way in the road. Works great. Is there a gizmo which would sit with my home stereo and would have one or two USB ports on the front and allow me to use a thumb drive as the music source? If would need to be MP3 compatable and a screen of sorts to browse/launch the music. 24bit would be nice. Surely there is such a thing, but I cannot find. Anybody know of such?

I would simply invest in a dedicated music laptop computer. I have seem many on sale for about $300. Mini laptops as low as $250.

Here are some examples http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=abcat0502001&type=category