Best Place to Buy CDs?

J M O N

I don't buy CDs anymore I buy music downloads and the best place I have found for high quality music downloads (better than CD quality) is Music Giants

http://www.musicgiants.com

Music Giants can also be found within WMP's online stores which is how I normally go there.

Unfortunatly, Music Giants is a non-starter for me. I don't care for thier choice of using DRM'd WMP formatted files. For example, I just tried to go on there to check it out, but of course, it kevetched about me going on there with my MacBook Pro (thus, I won't even try with my Ubuntu rig either).

Yeah, I bet the quality is really nice, but I just refuse to deal with any DRM'ed formats or formats that won't work cross platform (I have Mac, Linux, and Windows machines in this house and I want to be able to access my music from any of them).

...CDs are just ones and zeros right? Big Smile...

Yeah, I think that there is a mystique about 1s and 0s on CDs and DVDs that sometimes crops up around these parts, but not for me. Amazon used CDs, SACDs and DVD-As work for me, and I've never had a problem other than once getting the wrong CD in the right jewel case. Sometimes the seller sends the disk by slow pony and it takes more than a calender week to receive it, but the price is right.

Chris

I've had pretty good luck (but not perfect) with my local library. It also has the highest circulation in the country....which is nice. I just borrow, copy and return them.

NOW, before anyone starts any flamig about that practice, think about this: the whole argument is centered around the artists not getting their money from the copies made and I agree. But, also, they don't get any money either every time someone borrows a disc from the library and returns it after they're done. I'm just saving a lot of gas by not having to go back and borrow the same disc every time I want to listen to it. [;)]

I guess in the long run, ultimately an artist (or owner of the copyrights) would have to give their consent before a recording is donated to a library (man, don't give the IRAA any ideas....)