God Bless Wikipedia

Cornwalled

Greetings!

While researching vintage computer systems (my newest hobby), I came across this interesting error while trying to look at a tape drive on Wikipedia. Couldn't help but be amused. Guess that's what you get for free huh? All in all I love Wikipedia though. They truly have information on everything! Now as far as how accurate it is, I don't know, but it sure is a whole lotta fun to go through. Anyone else love Wiki? Between that and YouTube, I can kill hours...

-Jon

post-6873-13819487045122_thumb.jpg

I also love it. It is not perfect and sometimes articles (especially political or subjective subjects) have an agenda...But, they do have the section at the bottom with other sources and links so you can get additional viewpoints. I am amazed at the quality of some of the research since it is provided by users for the most part.

Yeh. I've run across a few zingers, but for the most part am impressed with wikipedia content that I access.

This week I saw a graduating seniors of '09 Tshirt which said something like Thank You Wikipedia.

College faculty hate wikipedia, but I bet most of them use it.