Anybody...Sentry IV bassbin vs Lascala Bass bin

Wrinkles

On 7/12/2009 at 8:56 PM, Wrinkles said:

I know there are many of ya'll that have been chasing audio nivana longer than me. So, the EV bassbin is almost twice the size of a LaScala bass bin.

The EV Sentry IV uses the TL5050 cabinet. Plans below.

http://archives.telex.com/archives/EV/Builders%20Plans/TL5050%20Builders%20Plans.pdf

Has anyone measured the bass response of this speaker and cabinet?

Has anyone compared it to the LaScala bass bin?

I 'm betting a K402 might sound pretty good on top of this.

Thanks,

Wrinkles

I would suggest a Peavey FH1 instead; it is easy to find, costs peanuts, extends to close to 1KHz (don't know if it's advisable tho, but a 500Hz crossover is more than fine) and the height would be perfect with a K402 on top.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rolox said:

I would suggest a Peavey FH1 instead; it is easy to find, costs peanuts, extends to close to 1KHz (don't know if it's advisable tho, but a 500Hz crossover is more than fine) and the height would be perfect with a K402 on top.

Peavey FH1 is a better design than a LaScala (like a little longer larger Belle) so long as the size is not an issue it is as good as you are going to get with this sort of design plus you can use a wide variety of drivers in it.

fh1_002.pdf