OT: Viewsonic PF795 or Sony CPD-G400

skaplaya

Well, another thing I can't try and comparison?

The Sony Glasstron, not the 1500.00 models but the 350-500.00 models.

Sony whats the deal now.

Ginger, Maryanne, the viewsonic, the trinitron, or the glasstron, or hell, the olympus eyetrek.

PS: The glasstron and eyetrek are those glasses that do the 52-62 inch virtual screen dealios.

PSS: I think if I wanted to see one in person I'd have to drive to Frisco - hours.

Anyone have any experience, comments?

I have to admit I dunno what you are talking about...Glasstron, ginger, maryanne, eyetrek.. I've never heard of those before.. and I'm too lazy today to make researches..

And for the Sony screen, well, usually, when they come back, they just dont want to open..That's all.

Hey by the way, we got back a Viewsonic screen sent for repair not too long ago (around 2 weeks). The screen was supposed to have a kinda ..err... thing on the screen.. Like an extremely small place where it was a little darker.. Well anyways, the custommer was lucky that one out of 6 salesman (I was in those that never saw it by the way) actually saw it, cuz if that wouldnt have been the case, we wouldnt have sent it...

Well anyway, what I want to say is how god damn I like Viewsonic.. Instead of taking back the screen, and take months to get it repaired and all that stuff like almost all companies do (I said almost, so Klipsch is safe) , they just send our technicians a brand new tube! Guess what we did with the old one... biggrin.gif

And by the way, 2 weeks isnt long...Just put 2 days for shipping to the tech center (going there, and getting back to our store), the 5 days where the monitor technician was doing other repairs before that one, and 2 days for Shipping from Viewsonic.

And all the Sony we sent, well I dunno. I was never there when they came back it seems.

I think that might be useful for you all to know that.

So what your basically telling us is:

Sony is crap in your opinion and viewsonic should rule the monitor world for all time?

I'm not going to argue but I just wanted to see if I could sum up your post in about >25 words

night

mike

"You've been great, I'm out"-george costanza

So is the G500 really worth the extra 300-350 for the long run. And whats the deal with BNC connectors. I've always used db15 connectors but recently I see these bnc connectors and vga15-bnc cords popping up and wonder if there is a major difference in vid quality like s-video vs component?