Hey Winchester21

J.4knee

I wish I could say but sadly have not tried either. Seen them - been tempted- Always took the Balvinne/Springbank/ Lagauven safe route.

Been hearing good things about a high end Glenlivett- not the std 12 yr. Still looking for another bottle of my unchilled filtered limited release Coila.

I have been having trouble finding my daily- 10 year old Springbank- Rumor has it that a distiller has bought it up and is re- oaking it for 6 more years so they can charge a fortune for it. Never heard of such a thing???? Hope that is just a rumor but it is G O N E from the shevles. Everybody here is all POed about it.Info came from the liquior store

Personally - I also like peaty scotches. I keep a bottle of Laphroaig around all the time for that reason. There is another one called"the peat Monster" that my friends are raving about. I like all different scotches with bang for the buck being the driving force.- Balvinne

CB is spoiled from drinking that JW Blue which is great if you can stand the sticker shock- ouch!!!!!!!!

Islay is the stuff IMHO. Ardbeg is quite popuar among my friends and is a daily drinker for several.

I have tasted it and like it very much, Don't have any at present - can't have them all.

Scotch is so individual- so different- that it is kinda hard to reccomend to someone else.

I would certainly give Ardbeg a try.

I am stuck on balvinne and lagavulen- would reccomend these to anyone who likes scotch- or cigars- without condition.

Just had a little taste of Glenfiddich 15 year old stuff, pretty tastey. Hey Chris, got some speakers you need to listen to, tried to call today, must have been out or something.

Ya really think the 25 year old went bad, next time your down.

Later

CB

laga....talk about a marketing ripoff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! back 3 or 4 years ago the stufr was like 50 bucks.. My unquestioned daily drinker.... Loved the stuff.. still do. Then some kind of artificial 'shortage' came into play. the price went immediately to 65 but it would fly off the shelves immediately. then to 75- 85 then 90+ and GUESS WHAT????? Then there was plenty available!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ripoffs!!!!!!!!! I saw this coming and bought a case back when it hit 60 dollars but I am on my last bottle which I am hoarding. The stuff is worth whatever you have to pay and they know it. Still pisses me off.

Hey Sarge.. Royal Salute in the blue bottle???? I have a 50 year old bottle i got from my dads house when he moved- unopened. the cork has broken and it feels like half has evaporated. I hate to open it but i will soon rather than waste it.

CB- back at ya buddy. I was the desiginated wine broker today- had to go pay for a shipment from Napa and dole it out out to the hungry wine junkies.My cell was in the car when you called. i will be back to you tomorrow. About that 25 year old spolied scotch??????????? Dont try anything foolish until I get there.. the stuff can be dangerous if left for too long....

About that 25 year old spolied scotch??????????? Dont try anything foolish until I get there.. the stuff can be dangerous if left for too long....

.................Yeah...........Dangerous stuff! I think I should test it in the Klipsch lab to make sure that it is still safe. You can never be too sure. It is safest if you send an entire bottle and let me break the seal. That way I know the whether the contamination is from the juice or from one of your other bottles. If it is not this bottle I will have to test the others I am afraid. The whole thing could be contagious! Dangerous stuff my friend...

Drink that Royal Salute. Don't let a very costly scotch get away. Last time I checked it was more $$$ than Bums JW Blue. I bought it over a 20yr span for a previous employer (Christmas present). My first bottle back in the late eighties was $75.00. The last bottle I got was just over $200.00.

Technically its not sealed though. Why would you not drink it? If your dad thought half of it had already evaporated what would he have done? Crack it open, pour about 2oz in a small glass and slowly sip it with side 2 of "Call Me" playing on the hifi. [;)] Then report back here how it was the smoothest to ever touch your lips.

Dad is 78 and went to strictly beer and wine when he moved- gave away his liquior stash. My legal drinking age older son thought it was christmas.

The next time my son comes down from college i will open it and report back.i have seen wine do this from "ullage" or something like that but never seen liquior evaporate like this. This is a very old bottle - however- whiskey does not age in glass- unlike wine.

I am hoping to see Still in love and greatest hits show up today by USPS.