The ugliest preamp ever?

Hifi jim

Well, to my eyes, it has neither design or function, thus FAIL / FAIL. For all my aural pursuits I'm also a very visual person and I can only describe that contraption as painful. I mean, it appears to have two visible wing nuts fer Christ's sake. My lawn mower makes due with just ONE holding the air filter in place.

Gadzooks man... not even a Mother.

Looks like Fisher Price's take on a Nuke Plant.

As soon as I saw that, I was thinking of the exact same thing!

Gotta admit though, I also agree with another post in that it does seems to have that cool/funky thing going on if you are into that kind of thing. To be honost, I actually wouldn't mind trying one out, but at $4,500. I'll take B&K's offering instead for now.

I certainly won't argue subjective beauty - to each their own - but even if that thing comes with an RF remote (allowing for deep burial) I wouldn't purchase it. When I saw the Pumps/Purse offering it became immediately apparent they're chasing shock-value to separate themselves from the herd, something I personally don't respect. I like to walk my own path through Life more so than most but I'll stop short of rockin' a used pink Mary K Cosmetics Cadillac - I ain't that different or confident.

As a side note, one of their products was reviewed in a current magazine in such a way that they took exception to it and let loose with a mini-meltdown in the Manufacture's Comments section. The person didn't sign their name. I most definitely don't respect that.

Looks like Fisher Price's take on a Nuke Plant.

As soon as I saw that, I was thinking of the exact same thing!

Yeah, that's the description I was thinking of. Wonder how it sounds? They must have sold at least a few of them, or it wouldn't be listed on their site as available. Maybe it would look right in a setup with the blue SmurfScalas...