Want to use 2 blown Promedia 4 subs as Real Subs - Need Amp design

I have 2 Promedia 4.1 sub boxes. Klipsch has done nice acoustic design, but dropped the ball on subcontracted electronics for the Promedia line, from what I've experienced, and read. My replacement for my original blown system, recently stopped, leaving me with the two vented boxes, with speakers intact and happy and waiting to be revitalized. What I need is a simple Sub Amp design that I can drive these speakers with, given input from a Sony AV amp LFE (Low Frequency Effect I think) output. I know precious little about impedance matching and the like, but I assume it is important. The Sony expects a powered Sub amp. That's all I know. (I'm driving the little Promedia satellites as surrounds, with a pair of Heresy's that I've had for over 30 years, as front speakers). I need bass.

Has anyone addressed the resurrection of the abandoned Promedia X.Y boxes as Subs? I read a lot about why and how a bunch of the Promedia stuff failed, but never noticed any chatter about tossing the guts and using the parts that Klipsch is known for (the tight box with the correct volume, and the proper vented port).

Thanks.

Quote: "I just want a proper amp to drive the 4 speakers appropeiately."

In all fairness Johnny, thats not what you asked. You asked for a way to drive two Promedia 4 subs, right?

Knowing the impedance is likely required. Don't expect others to do your Google leg work.

"What I need is a simple Sub Amp design that I can drive these speakers with"

From your subsequent responses it is clear you do not have the competence to design and build an amplifier.

I suggest you buy one.

To select the proper amplifier it is necessary to know the impedance of the drivers.

A meter may be purchased at most hardwarer stores, lumberyards, etc, for about $10.

Alternately, you could remove a driver and take it to the nearest Radio Shack and have the clerk measure it for you.