Better investment: Adding Second Sub or Quality Amp?

Klipschter

That makes me fell pretty good Carbon Summit. I'm very proud of my Emotiva. I think thats its the last piece of equipment I would upgrade. I can only imagine what it would do for 63's or 83's. The longer I have it the better it sounds. Maybe there is a brake-in period or maybe it takes time for my ear to appreciate them.

I would sell the F113 and invest in better subwoofage. It would of course come at the expense of more floor real estate, which may not be an option, but I throw it out there nonetheless. I don't know what your constraints are, but you could do some serious improvement in that area for about the same investment.

As far as amplification....I think that's one of the areas with the smallest margin of improvement. There's a bunch of caveats to that statement, but in general I've found it's better to put more money into the speakers than the electronics.

I'm a novice when it comes to home theater so I'll take good advice wherever I can get it. I'm very pleased with my fathom, especially considering that I bought it new for $1000 less than the msrp. The place I bought my subwoofer at does give me a year to trade in what I have for something better. What kinds of subs would you recommend?

For a second I thought you got it for $1k....that woulda been a killer sweet deal. The subs I had in mind were of the DIY or direct internet sale variety so I dunno how that might work out with your dealer.

You might find this interesting:
http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/subwoofer-tests/6015-index-subwoofer-tests-manufacturer-model.html

The F113 is definitely not a bad sub by any means and packs some serious punch for its size.

I would say get a quality amp. You already have a beast of a sub(130lb and 2500w). Get the amp and a mid- priced receiver with good DAC's and you will be on your way. Your mids and highs in your system are in much need of amplification, you definitely have the low frequencies covered. By the way, I want your cherry RS-52's, and I want them now. They are not in production anymore and are hard to find on the used market.

Bill

Cherry surrounds?