KLF question...

Schu

are the klf 30's good for music when compared to say the cornwall or heresey?

I see from the specs they have a great range and the peak and max wattage appears to be really high. Or prehaps these are better suited for audio visual treatments.

thanks

are the klf 30's good for music when compared to say the cornwall or heresey?

Absolutely! I had my best friend's KLF-30s at my house for a year or so and I thought they were awesome, especially with rock music.

Not really a different sound then the Heritage line. Just the form factor is different. I've had Cornwall IIs, Forte IIs, and currently have a bunch of Heresy's and k-horns. They can stack up very well and if you like it loud, you will hard pressed to find a better home rock-n-roll speaker - or for live videos.

They can be a little bright to some people but if you lower the tweeter by about 2db and feed them well - good amplifier with high dampening factor, they can be very good.

My KLF-20's have a slightly different flavor of sound than my Chorus II's but it's not that much different. That said, I prefer my KLF-20's for my HT mains because I think that they are more dynamic and have stonger bass. I prefer my Chorus II's for 2ch music as I think that they are smoother with slightly better mids.

Adding tubes somewhere in the mix is a good idea which ever Klipsch model you decide to buy.

I don't think that you can go wrong with a pair of KLF-20's or 30's.

BTW - how do you lower the KLF tweeter by 2db?

• Like 1

BTW - how do you lower the KLF tweeter by 2db?

The easiest way is an lpad. If you have a way to measure the impedance at crossover now then add an lpad (resistor network) keeping the impedance close to the same (probably around 7-8 ohms), you can lower the output without modifying the crossover. This keeps the crossover point the same and it can be added right with the tweeter input line.

I did that when I owned klf-30's and it balanced the sound out to my liking.