bi-wiring

jpk

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not worth the time and effort, IMHO...

Not to mention the extra outlay of cash for Bi-Wires cables[;)] But there is one of us born every day and I run them on my BAT amp out to my 804's[:|] LOL

Killer Clown, there is a difference in Bi-Wire and Bi-Amp as you do need two seperate wires for the latter and unless your amps are identical I would say you would have a difference in freq[8-|]

Once the highs and lows have been
separated in this fashion, the strong current pulses and surges that a
woofer demands when reproducing bass or drums will not interact with the
delicate sounds of a flute or cymbal. The magnetic field of the low
frequency signals cannot modulate or interfere with the highs, and to a
lesser extent, the reverse is true.

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/p/121216/1222097.aspx#1222097

lost of posts on this subject

• 2 weeks later...

I use Monster M Series wiring, which separate high/low frequencies. In other words, a single cable with a pair of banana plugs to the receiver and a two-pair set (bi) into the RF-3s. To my ears, it the dynamics from high to low seem smoother with the mid really being brought to life. Or is it all just a placebo effect?

• 2 months later...

sure ..there is a placebo effect to a whole lot of this stuff. and that's when i ask my wife, who is not emotionally attached or aware of what i have changed, in to listen and tell me if she hears anything different. sometimes she does, sometimes it's different than what i hear, and sometimes nothing at all.

it's not scientific, but she's a good test for whether or not i'm simply hearing things.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

The difference is small, most of the people here cannot hear it (and ridicule people that can).

So why don't those golden ears hear other things that are far far greater in magnitude? [^o)]

There is no reason to bi-wire RF-52s....you'd be far better off upgrading the speakers.

"So why don't those golden ears hear other things that are far far greater in magnitude?"

What makes you assume they don't?

Not everyone is sensitive to the same things either. My family could watch a VHS tape with its horrible low-res image and the horrible wow and flutter from the tape moving at less than 1" per second past the audio head, it bothers me.